What's new
What's new

Need help finding fuses for automatic threading unit

Jasperfield

Plastic
Hi Folks,
I need a source for finding the 4/10 amp fuses, for my HC Chucker, which operates my automatic threading machine. They are just over 0.5" in diameter, and 2 inches long. The manual calls for 4/10 amp 3FU fuses.
Thank you.

Did you already try the local industrial electric supply jobber? Where the electrical contractors shop? I've had good luck with mine. Though if you have the part # to cross reference and think ahead, it might cheaper to order online.

smt

The fuse is missing, but it fits into one of the clips beside two other fuses (OT3, 3A, 250V). The fuse I need is a 4/10A fuse. Electric supply houses have no clue what is needed. I do not have a part number other than possibly FRN 1-1/4.

The fuse is missing, but it fits into one of the clips beside two other fuses (OT3, 3A, 250V). The fuse I need is a 4/10A fuse. Electric supply houses have no clue what is needed. I do not have a part number other than possibly FRN 1-1/4.

If you need 4/10A fuses, the number would be FRN-4/10. These are 0.56" diameter by 2" long, and 4/10A.

Here are some on ebay:

BUSSMAN FRN 4/1 25 VOLT 4/1 AMP TIME DELAY FUSE. | eBay

Thanks for the help fellows, I found both types of fuses.

Now the problem is this: I have two versions of the threader maintenance manual. One is dated 1981, the other, older, manual is not dated. The newer manual, in all aspects, refers to and shows photo's of my newer-type HC lathe (s.n. HC5609T). However, the top cover of the threader cylinder housing on the chaser head is different than mine. My top cover has two raised bosses rather than the three bosses shown in the manuals photo's. Electrically, I don't think this matters, nevertheless, it is this newer manual that calls for the 4/10 amp fuse.

The older manual shows a threader exactly like mine, but the photo's of the electrical switch case (on the lathe) is quite a bit different. This older manual calls for the FRN 1-1/4 amp fuse. The threading units appear to be "almost" exactly alike. So, I'm thinking that since the newer manual, which matches my lathe and its switch case, is probably correct about the 4/10 amp fuse, rather than the 1-1/4 amp fuse. My threader is s.n. 787 and is older than my HC lathe. Therefore, maybe the switch case has some improvements over the older HC machines, and they decided, for whatever reason, to change the fuse size for the threader. I just don't know.

What size fuse are y'all using, and is your threader an older machine or a newer one.

Thank you,
Jasperfield

Back