What's new
What's new

New To Me Hardinge HP5 Chucker

Johnny SolidWorks

Hot Rolled
Good Morning Gents,

I recently acquired a Hardinge HP5 from a local shop, and I am having a heck of a time finding any information on it. Searching here produces very little information, and of all the things out there on the great wide interwebs, it seems this isn't one of them. I uploaded 30 or so pictures to my Google Drive, which you can see if you click on the link below.

Update your browser to use Google Drive - Google Drive Help

I believe this is an earlier version of the Hardinge HC (it looks like some of the castings are the same, etc.) from the 40s or 50s. If anyone has any information about it, I would really appreciate you sharing it with me.

Alternatively, if anyone has good information (manual, etc.) for the oldest of the HCs, I'm sure there would be some good information there too.

Thanks All!

If you find the serial number, it can be dated within a year. My best guess is 1940 to 1947.

That model is shown (one page) in the 1946 Hardinge general line catalog. I can't find my copy at present, but will post a picture of the page when I find it.

Larry

If you find the serial number, it can be dated within a year. My best guess is 1940 to 1947.

That model is shown (one page) in the 1946 Hardinge general line catalog. I can't find my copy at present, but will post a picture of the page when I find it.

Larry

Any guess where the serial number would be? I gave it a quick look with a flashlight, and nothing popped out at me. I also checked the headstock a little more thoroughly and thought I might have found something on the very top of the casting, but it was so faint I couldn't even tell if they were numbers.

Thanks for looking, and I'd love to have any more information you can share. Thanks Larry!

Back