What's new
What's new

new owner of round column 1944 m-head Bridgeport mill with missing parts

Mr_Bill

Aluminum
I have recently purchase a used Bridgeport round colum m-head mill. You can see my pictures here:

Yahoo! Groups

I have a few missing parts and I was wondering if you can help me with these.
One question I have is my m-head I where the [FONT=&quot]Quill Worm Feed Hand Wheel attaches is exactly like the picture
WONz3SY8CbHOldMbYkmfERsg7HicSY1VaFS2g45GLimzPqh1l7swF4T3dGMKnOJtWtcMfAyLGdkVO6I1CgrthlbrP7nyYEnDnPfKG0ZamUQ=s0-d-e1-ft

and I am questioning how is the [FONT=&quot]Quill Worm Feed Hand Wheel[/FONT][FONT=&quot] attached. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I do not have this part so I think I will substitute something there. [/FONT]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Also I am missing the following parts: h-42 adapter indexing plunger, h-43 5/16 x 1-1/4 coil spring, h-44 adapter indexing plunger spring nut, h-45 knurled plunger nut, h-46 #10-32 jam nut. I need this complete assembly. I have a lathe and can probably make these parts if I had a drawing and measurements.
Can you tell me the function / operation of this item. Any chance I can get detailed photos and measurements of the items?

I am missing m-28 Drawbar knob and one over arm locking bolt.

Thanks

Bill In Cincy

The M Head and J Head quill feed hand wheels are different. However a J head wheel will work if you cross drill the bore and place a pin there. That pin is what engages quill feed hub in the slot shown.

I just got some replacement parts from H&W for my (new-to-me) '46 M-Head. Call them and ask for Heather - she has some apart on her bench.

Back