What's new
What's new

Noob, needs help with missing brake lever on Millport

silverzpeed

Plastic
Hello from SC. I recently purchased my first piece of machining equipment. I got a great deal. Power feed and DRO are all functional. I have ran several machines a decade ago but this is my first personal machine.

So let me get to the point. Im missing the brake lever and I’m not sure if im missing anything else related to it. Here are some pics. Any idea what I need? Any help is much appreciated.

302bb27b2b9390aaea8e0bd76c0f8c99.jpg
9c7e2cf0e7c3f927c774197ba2adb080.jpg
19240bca1c85c4ae7ef054f18c97267f.jpg
bd37fda4db72ae4c279d2701235d947e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give these guys a call. They handle lots of Millport parts. I may stand corrected, but I think most BP parts are the same.

High Quality Tools Inc.
1 877-DRAWBAR

Give these guys a call. They handle lots of Millport parts. I may stand corrected, but I think most BP parts are the same.

High Quality Tools Inc.
1 877-DRAWBAR

I don’t know if they have other parts than in their site. I couldn’t find the lever earlier when I looked. Just curious what part I’m missing. I did find some BP brake levers on eBay. Not sure if that will fit my application.

I talked to HQT and they have the parts. I’m just not sure what is missing inside. Any millport guys have an idea how to get into it and look.

I talked to HQT and they have the parts. I’m just not sure what is missing inside. Any millport guys have an idea how to get into it and look.

Joe Fortney @ HQT is pretty smart on this stuff. Maybe he can send you a break down print of the unit and you can then work from there.

For some reason, I can’t seem to figure out what the hell I have and don’t for the brake. I can’t see the pads through the hole or any indication that those components are present. Is there a fairly easy way to be able to tighten the draw bar and loosen with out it.

Or... is there anyone in the low country of SC that would be willing to take a look at this. I’m willing to put in the wrench time just can’t seem to find a decent diagram of what to take off to get to it.

Put the head into low-RPM setting, then back gear and that should provide reasonable resistance to spindle rotation, for tightening/loosening drawbar.

Last edited:
If it is more-or-less a Bridgeport clone, Google you tube videos on rebuilding a Bridgeport head - there may be slight differences, but I suspect you'll find the basic procedure to be similar ... and really not very difficult, as I can testify from my recent first-time experience.

If it is more-or-less a Bridgeport clone, Google you tube videos on rebuilding a Bridgeport head - there may be slight differences, but I suspect you'll find the basic procedure to be similar ... and really not very difficult, as I can testify from my recent first-time experience.

Thanks for the encouragement. Planning on doing that in the next day or so.

Back