What's new
What's new

Big job on Bridgeport mill

daredo222

Cast Iron
Nothing special about this job except the diameter, one metre/ 39.5" dia., just about all you can reach the centre of. I had to make up a rough parallel to to lift the job off the table, the clamps held the parallel & the job down at the same time. The ram is fully extended, wouldn't want to try & cut too much metal but all I had to do was put a 50mm dia hole through the two 5mm thick plates. Please excuse the rough looking set up, resources really limited here in Portugal. These plate are for a friends homemade water wheel, he hopes to get two kilowatts out of it. Just another job made simple with a Bridgeport.

Ray

Attachments

• DSCN3614.jpg
    DSCN3614.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 2,809
  • DSCN3617.jpg
    DSCN3617.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 692
  • DSCN3621.jpg
    DSCN3621.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 892
  • DSCN3623.jpg
    DSCN3623.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 648
Last edited:
Fortunately that's not my department. It took the builder two weeks & five trips across the border to Spain to get the plasma cut plates, I didn't think it was a good time to complain about the rough edges. Could be the germ of an idea there though, when the plates are fitted to the shaft & the shaft is in it's plummer block bearings --- thankyou, I'll mention it.

Ray

Nothing special about this job except the diameter, one metre/ 39.5" dia., just about all you can reach the centre of. I had to make up a rough parallel to to lift the job off the table, the clamps held the parallel & the job down at the same time. The ram is fully extended, wouldn't want to try & cut too much metal but all I had to do was put a 50mm dia hole through the two 5mm thick plates. Please excuse the rough looking set up, resources really limited here in Portugal. These plate are for a friends homemade water wheel, he hopes to get two kilowatts out of it. Just another job made simple with a Bridgeport.

Ray
Nice job Ray!
That ram is really out there.

Back