What's new
What's new

Sometimes you just gotta say........... WTF!!!!!

gavinator68

Plastic
everybody.jpg

I just had to post this as I was in the process of moving my new-to-me Bridgeport this week and came across it.

W
O
W

!!!!!!

Have mill, will travel. Paladin.
I noticed the wooden trailer right off. Maybe he was only going down the street a little ways?!?
Sure would be scary across the state.

Looks good to me ,a bit of ingenuity ,I bet they used the wooden skid to get the machine from where it lay and then put the wheels on ,It all looks good and strong so carry on ,nothing to see here.

It may be an unorthodox material in today's modern world of transportation but why should a trailer chassis not be made from timber? It's been strong enough over the centuries for crossing mountains, gorges and oceans.

Shame the same cannot be said for the vanity-chain tie-downs.

Where there's a will there's a way ! I have to give him credit for figuring out a way and making it work.

What's all the wood for? Could've skipped all that and just put some HomeDepot grade casters through them holes in the base and tied it to the bumper...

Been there done that. I would have done anything to get my first B/P moved in. I was full of pis and vinegar back in those days nothing stopped me.

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

Looks good to me ,a bit of ingenuity ,I bet they used the wooden skid to get the machine from where it lay and then put the wheels on ,It all looks good and strong so carry on ,nothing to see here.

Candy floss strapping too :) Ingenious. Wonder what state the license plate from :).

dee
;-D

When I dropped my round ram Bridgeport in my garage at home, I planned everything out from the trailer, skates, blocks, etc. But MISSED:willy_nilly: that my driveway is on an incline steep enough to keep us from pushing it off the trailer, and there's no place inside to anchor it to pull it in.

So we unloaded it in the street (where the trailer was level) onto the skates, and proceeded to push it up the driveway with the trucks bumper and some blocks. It worked without.... er, with a hitch:dunce:, but next time I'm renting a forklift.

Back