What's new
What's new

Supermax YCM - 1 1/2 VA Speed Issue

simplynewt

Plastic
I have this Supermax and I was having an issue with adjusting the speed on it. It would only ramp up to about half speed, maybe a little more.

On the front is the rpm plate indicating how fast it is going. Behind that are 2 screws. One is set screw that affects nothing about the speed. The other is what is called a Full Dog. I backed this out some and I now had full range of speed on this machine.

Can anyone tell me what the purpose of this Full Dog is and if it is installed incorrectly in regards to the gear in front of it, would it affect my speed adjustment?

Thanks so much in advance for your reply's

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Full dog is one of the types of points on a set-screw. About half way down on this page is a good example: Stainless Steel Hexagon Socket Set Screws

The Supermax mill is a half a clone. Many of the BP parts will not fit on a Yamazan machine and some of the stuff they do is totally different. If you don't have a manual and parts list, get one. The people that have them are proud of them and here is about the best price: Page Not Found
JR

Thanks JR for the reply. I have a manual and parts book. With this Full Dog installed, I can't get up to full speed. With it removed, I am able to have a full range of speed. Any implications on leaving this part out? Just wondering.

Thanks again.

Back