What's new
What's new

Bridgeport powerpath15 troubles

mike731

Plastic
hello I am new to the whole CNC thing I've been programming a Torq cut 22 mill for about 2 years now and just started getting good at it well at least I think I'm good and then my dad got a CNC lathe to add to my troubles so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I had a problem before on hydraulic pressure and getting the machine to start since the internal battery died and I had to get the back up dos program. That's all taken care of now and I'm on to the programming and setting up a part I drew a very simple program in bob cad just so od roughing an angle well I put it on a floppy as a pgm and txt file and both come up as saying the was a problem with seq 20 and syntx or something like that now if anyone knows a solution and can help I would really appreciate.

Hmm ... the only problems I ever had with Romi hydraulics was when hydraulic pressure switch reacted to surges from rotating tools etc. If the machines been sitting for a while ... perhaps the drop in pressure causes it to kick out when you turn the control on to home. Make sure your hydraulic oil is ok ( not burned or have water ) and the level is ok after it's running about 10 minutes

I can't help you with the BC import but I had one of those (kinda wish I still did) and I found the conversational side of the control pretty easy to use. It might be worth your time to do something simple in it to prove the machine then work on getting the BC file to work.

What do you mean?
I can't help you with the BC import but I had one of those (kinda wish I still did) and I found the conversational side of the control pretty easy to use. It might be worth your time to do something simple in it to prove the machine then work on getting the BC file to work.

Back