What's new
What's new

"Heavy Tool" setting - Bridgeport VMC1000

JB661

Plastic
Hello all,

I have an old Bridgeport VMC1000 in my workplace and am wondering if/how I can define a tool as "heavy" or "large" and slow down the speed of the ATC arm during the tool change?

Thank you for any help or advice you can provide.

What control? If you have a tool management screen or similar, there should be a setting there. Or, there should be an M code that you would place before the tool change to turn it on and another to turn it off when you change to the next tool.

Paul

Thank you for responding. Apologies, I forgot to add it on the end, it's a Heidenhain TNC 426 control.

Is your machine capable of this? For a large tool, there is a setting in the tool table to fix the pocket. This means that tool will only go back in that pocket and you leave the pockets on either side empty. For a heavy tool, this should be set in the pocket table somewhere. But that is dependant on the machine tool builder. On your machine, I do not know. All of this also depends on whether your machine is a fixed pocket machine or a random pocket machine. You should be able to find this in the machine manual., the one that was supplied by the builder, not Heidenhain.

Paul

Aren't these things usually pneumatically or hydraulically controlled?
In that case there are no settings, just ways to mess with line pressures and dampers.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

There should be specs in the ops manual for maximum tool weight, dia, and length. If you exceed and of those, you need to manually load the tool. AFAIK, no adjustments on the ATC for speed.
JR

Back