Machinery_E is offline Stainless

Default How to Mount Bridgeport Collet Rack?

Looking at putting a collet rack here on the Bridgeport...and I can't seem to decide on the best location...I'm kind of leaning towards placing it on the rear of the machine, in fact the previous owner of the machine had a collet rack there, but it has been removed...and the ones I have don't match up with the holes that were drilled for it...plus when its bolted up to the machine, it will be on angle, something I don't like...I have both a Chinese one and an old time Graco Machinery collet rack...I would like to mount the Graco on it in keep up the theme of an all American mill-to match the American flag stickers on the head!

So I guess what I'm asking is, where do you guys have your "die cast" collet racks mounted?

Thanks!
    Eric

piniongear is offline Stainless

This don't help answer your question, but I made my collet holder and mount my collet collection like this.....sitting on a shelf on top of the Bridgy's ram:

Thats a really neat setup, thanks for posting! Always intersting to see the different options out there!

Eric

AAFRadio is offline Cast Iron

Mine is sorta the standard way I've seen them installed. I had to slot the mounting bolt holes to fit the old screw holes because the replacement was a Chinese clone. Seems to work okay, though. It also serves as a mount for my Fogbuster coolant reservoir.

Oh, and it may look strange because I have a 7" riser between the ram and the column.

- Mike

I have my collet rack in a tool box. when you hang the collets on the side of the mill they are allways full of chips.

I ended up mounting it like in Mike's picture, on the side of the main casting..thanks for the ideas!

Eric

Ox
    Ox is online now Diamond

Mine have been in a box in the top of my toybox for 19 yrs. (In order)

I would not ever want to put the collets out where the chips and coolant and ... and ... are gunna git all over them.

-------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox