Aftermarket for Software
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Aftermarket for Software

    Hello I have several seats of good industrial software im not using anymore, where is a good place to post these for sale other than ebay?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    tempe,arizona,usa
    Posts
    1,586
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    127
    Likes (Received)
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superjeff69 View Post
    Hello I have several seats of good industrial software im not using anymore, where is a good place to post these for sale other than ebay?

    and what is said software?????????

    FYI depends on what it is it may get pulled from ebay or do to the licensing you may not be able to sell at all!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wyoming
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5993
    Likes (Received)
    4175

    Default

    Yeah, good luck with that. In most cases the only legal way to transfer something like that is to sell the company that owns the seats...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Actually Software companies like to make you think you cant sell your goods, in fact this totally false and prohibited by law, I used to work for one such company. Just because you agree to a EULA does not mean #-*!. The only thing they can do is refuse to update or offer maintenance, But none of them ever do because maintenance income is free money to them, customer acquisition is their largest cost. In the case of the software that I have, I in fact set up two different LLC's which have only one asset just for this.

    So does anybody have any suggestions?

  5. Likes Arona liked this post
  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Temecula, Ca
    Posts
    1,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    732
    Likes (Received)
    2271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superjeff69 View Post
    Actually Software companies like to make you think you cant sell your goods, in fact this totally false and prohibited by law, I used to work for one such company. Just because you agree to a EULA does not mean #-*!. The only thing they can do is refuse to update or offer maintenance, But none of them ever do because maintenance income is free money to them, customer acquisition is their largest cost. In the case of the software that I have, I in fact set up two different LLC's which have only one asset just for this.

    So does anybody have any suggestions?
    Well, it sounds like you're the expert, so why would we have suggestions?

  7. Likes triumph406, mhajicek liked this post
  8. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Thanks! I appreciate that maybe you can get your post count up a few more out of this one......

    Anybody with some actual suggestions?

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    844
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    433
    Likes (Received)
    444

    Default

    Your going to have to ask the software company in question the legalities, regardless of what you think you might know the software company may have a different take on selling software. I just talked to somebody who got nailed by one of the large CAM companies for having an unauthorized seat of CAM software on one of his computers. The copy was allegedly owned by a programming contractor, but it wasn't. The contractor claimed he had purchased the copy legitemately.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Posts
    435
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    124
    Likes (Received)
    110

    Default

    What is it that you have for sale?

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    844
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    433
    Likes (Received)
    444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superjeff69 View Post
    Hello I have several seats of good industrial software im not using anymore, where is a good place to post these for sale other than ebay?
    How are you going to prove their yours to sell?

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    WTF? Can you people read? Any suggestions? I guess your all playing with old bridgeports in your basements trying to add mach3 controllers with bobcad, no one here with an Okuma who dropped $60K on a seat of 5Axis UG or Catia that they stopped using in favor of something else??

    Typical armchair forum rats

    MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE THIS POST ANY MY ACCOUNT I PROMISE I WILL NEVER RETURN TO YOUR FORUM.....

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Madera county california usa
    Posts
    1,903
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superjeff69 View Post
    WTF? Can you people read? Any suggestions? I guess your all playing with old bridgeports in your basements trying to add mach3 controllers with bobcad, no one here with an Okuma who dropped $60K on a seat of 5Axis UG or Catia that they stopped using in favor of something else??

    Typical armchair forum rats

    MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE THIS POST ANY MY ACCOUNT I PROMISE I WILL NEVER RETURN TO YOUR FORUM.....
    Sorry but you asked a good question in a bad way and got correct answers to what you asked...simple.

    Simple process is we assume software is not cheap and likely has keys to control license or like auto cad has a license manager that is encrypted by them specific to the server it lives on.

    So step one would be to get a document from the software vendor specifying your set of software and keys or other such things is a valid copy and whatever standing for manufacturer support as well as granting you authorization to resell the set and that it can be registered to the new buyer and that the new buyer can use and update it.

    Once you have that in hand you need to determine the actual value and what you are willing to accept.

    There is a for sale section on this forum and if you do your part to present a sellable product and if there is a party that ca, use it then so be it.

    But you have a lot of work to do as it is worthless (here) without a document to show it is valid and transferable.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

  14. Likes atomarc, len_1962 liked this post
  15. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,933
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    798
    Likes (Received)
    2571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superjeff69 View Post

    MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE THIS POST ANY MY ACCOUNT I PROMISE I WILL NEVER RETURN TO YOUR FORUM.....
    Your best post yet...

  16. Likes D Nelson, Chris59, Mtndew liked this post
  17. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    tempe,arizona,usa
    Posts
    1,586
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    127
    Likes (Received)
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superjeff69 View Post
    Any suggestions?
    don't let the door hitcha where the good lord............................

    MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE THIS POST ANY MY ACCOUNT I PROMISE I WILL NEVER RETURN TO YOUR FORUM.....
    bye bye

  18. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Thanks for this info.

  19. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Temecula, Ca
    Posts
    1,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    732
    Likes (Received)
    2271

    Default

    this clowns obviously trying to peddle bootlegs. No sympathy here.

    I did like his handle though. Was thinking of changing mine to "BitchenLarry13"

    I gots to get back down to the basement.

  20. Likes len_1962, BugRobotics, thesidetalker liked this post
  21. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Country
    CHINA
    Posts
    1,711
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldwrench View Post
    Yeah, good luck with that. In most cases the only legal way to transfer something like that is to sell the company that owns the seats...
    A fair amount of software has transferable licenses. Not all of it but a less-than-zero number of the high-dollar programs. If you think CAD is expensive, try Discreet. $250,000 ? Ouch.

  22. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    102
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    24

    Default

    Or Sigma.
    About $140,000.00 a pop.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •