What's new
What's new

Aftermarket for Software

superjeff69

Plastic
Hello I have several seats of good industrial software im not using anymore, where is a good place to post these for sale other than ebay?

Hello I have several seats of good industrial software im not using anymore, where is a good place to post these for sale other than ebay?

and what is said software?????????

FYI depends on what it is it may get pulled from ebay or do to the licensing you may not be able to sell at all!

Yeah, good luck with that. In most cases the only legal way to transfer something like that is to sell the company that owns the seats...

Actually Software companies like to make you think you cant sell your goods, in fact this totally false and prohibited by law, I used to work for one such company. Just because you agree to a EULA does not mean #-*!. The only thing they can do is refuse to update or offer maintenance, But none of them ever do because maintenance income is free money to them, customer acquisition is their largest cost. In the case of the software that I have, I in fact set up two different LLC's which have only one asset just for this.

So does anybody have any suggestions?

Actually Software companies like to make you think you cant sell your goods, in fact this totally false and prohibited by law, I used to work for one such company. Just because you agree to a EULA does not mean #-*!. The only thing they can do is refuse to update or offer maintenance, But none of them ever do because maintenance income is free money to them, customer acquisition is their largest cost. In the case of the software that I have, I in fact set up two different LLC's which have only one asset just for this.

So does anybody have any suggestions?

Well, it sounds like you're the expert, so why would we have suggestions?

Thanks! I appreciate that maybe you can get your post count up a few more out of this one......

Anybody with some actual suggestions?

Your going to have to ask the software company in question the legalities, regardless of what you think you might know the software company may have a different take on selling software. I just talked to somebody who got nailed by one of the large CAM companies for having an unauthorized seat of CAM software on one of his computers. The copy was allegedly owned by a programming contractor, but it wasn't. The contractor claimed he had purchased the copy legitemately.

WTF? Can you people read? Any suggestions? I guess your all playing with old bridgeports in your basements trying to add mach3 controllers with bobcad, no one here with an Okuma who dropped $60K on a seat of 5Axis UG or Catia that they stopped using in favor of something else??

Typical armchair forum rats

MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE THIS POST ANY MY ACCOUNT I PROMISE I WILL NEVER RETURN TO YOUR FORUM.....

WTF? Can you people read? Any suggestions? I guess your all playing with old bridgeports in your basements trying to add mach3 controllers with bobcad, no one here with an Okuma who dropped $60K on a seat of 5Axis UG or Catia that they stopped using in favor of something else??

Typical armchair forum rats

MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE THIS POST ANY MY ACCOUNT I PROMISE I WILL NEVER RETURN TO YOUR FORUM.....
Sorry but you asked a good question in a bad way and got correct answers to what you asked...simple.

Simple process is we assume software is not cheap and likely has keys to control license or like auto cad has a license manager that is encrypted by them specific to the server it lives on.

So step one would be to get a document from the software vendor specifying your set of software and keys or other such things is a valid copy and whatever standing for manufacturer support as well as granting you authorization to resell the set and that it can be registered to the new buyer and that the new buyer can use and update it.

Once you have that in hand you need to determine the actual value and what you are willing to accept.

There is a for sale section on this forum and if you do your part to present a sellable product and if there is a party that ca, use it then so be it.

But you have a lot of work to do as it is worthless (here) without a document to show it is valid and transferable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

this clowns obviously trying to peddle bootlegs. No sympathy here.

I did like his handle though. Was thinking of changing mine to "BitchenLarry13"

I gots to get back down to the basement.

Yeah, good luck with that. In most cases the only legal way to transfer something like that is to sell the company that owns the seats...
A fair amount of software has transferable licenses. Not all of it but a less-than-zero number of the high-dollar programs. If you think CAD is expensive, try Discreet. $250,000 ? Ouch.

Back