What's new
What's new

Alibre...tutoring needed

FranH

Hot Rolled
Anyone that can do a bit of tutoring in Alibre Design would be appreciated. I purchased it but never got an oppportunity to learn it before the year's maintenance agreement ran out.

They offered you training with your maintenance agreement? Or are you saying that your license completely expires after the maintenance period?

Well, first....if you klutz around with it for 20-30 hours, you can pretty much learn it. I did and have just skimmed the manual for reference at times. Or, pay the fee for maintenence (and maybe upgrade) and talk them into throwing in training CD's as incentive.

dan k

Thanks for the advice

I called and they graciously found the key (I changed computers) and got me going.

Yes, the maintenance agreement expired BUT...I can download Version 9 for free for 30 days. From that I should be able to glean enough info to get Ver 6 in gear OR for a reasonable fee (I agree it is reasonable), I can upgrade to version 9 and a years' tech support. Thoughts.. free for 30 days and hopefully a training cd then cross the bridge.

No need or desire for assemblies, My thought is 3D now to learn proficiently and later to import to onecnc...my understanding Alibre saves 3D as .stl and onecnc will import the same for machining.

On my ver 6, I found 1 help file..no tutorial..shall try to work with that for now.

Again thanks.

Fran,

There's an Alibre forum here:

Alibre Forum

It's pretty much all user-to-user support, though company reps will weigh in from time to time to address specific issues. The folks there are pretty friendly and knowledgeable.

The forum layout is similar to here in that there are various areas and old messages can be searched on.

Also, when you start Alibre you should see a "Tutorials" tab in the startup window. Click on that tab and you should see various tutorials that you display on-screen. They may not be active if your maintenance has expired, though.

Mike

I have been using Alibre for a year now and I can't say enough about it. It is a very nice engineering package and seems to constantly be getting better. Support is very good and the price / performance ratio is better than any CAD package I've seen. Even though many still draw in 2D, it is becoming a thing of the past. Modeling in 3D and letting the software do most of the 2D work is the way. Once you get used to operating like that, it's so easy. I encourage you to upgrade AD and you might be able to get them to throw in the 4 CD training pack. It is very comprehensive, and as previously mentioned, there are tutorials already in AD.

Back