What's new
What's new

Alphacam2000 need orginal install media to reinstall?

kuma

Plastic
I have been given the task to replace a computer running alphacam 2000 on windows 98! The 98 computer is failing and doesn't often start. The CNC machine is old and it is connected via coax network cable so I need to use the original software alphacam 2000.

I was given some floppy disks which were thought to be the install disks but when the first is run I choose the language English and it reports the wrong disk is inserted? So I believe these are not the correct install disks. Reading another thread here I think the software as on CD. So I guess this has now been lost.

So what I tried is I copied the programme directories and various registry keys that i could see on the original machine.
I installed the dskey drivers for the dongle and on a new computer running windows XP (as windows 7 and onwards it will not work). The software starts and detects the dongle but crashes after the splash screen.

So i was hoping somebody here may be able to point me to where i can get this old software from so i can re install it. Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Probably nothing a new power supply in the PC wont fix, can also replace the capacitors on the mother board, hard disks normally are dead or not dead, but won't cause a intermittent boot. if the hard disk is ok, no need to reinstall, just stick it in something else and copy the files over.

I would just like to thank everyone who has helped me in this thread.
I searched google before and didn't find a download. But this time I found it.
It is the April 2000 version I downloaded. So I combined it with the exe from the programme folder on the original machine. Now can run the Sept 2000 version fine on XP so that's great.
Again thanks, everyone. Great community here :)

Back