What's new
What's new

BA Thread Data for Fusion360

atgordon

Cast Iron
Some folks, particularly model engineering folks might be interested in the British Association thread data for use in Autodesk's Fusion360 package. It will automatically allow BA threads to be added from the MODEL/CREATE/Thread command ribbon.

The file can be downloaded using the link below. Tested working with the 11/2016 update.

To use the data, it has to be placed in the thread data folder ... can vary from machine to machine. On my non-networked system, it was found as follows (Nov-2016 location, it can change!):

c:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Autodesk\webdeploy\production\[strange alphanumeric string ... if more than one, use the most recent]\Fusion\Server\Fusion\Configuration\ThreadData\

The RED parts of the address above will vary by user and machine.

I have not tested this with the CAM side of F360. The table does have the correct tapping drill info entered, however since I've never used the table in a CAM operation, you try it at your own risk!

The forum rules do not allow XML uploads! Click below to download a zipped file containing the BA xml data, unzip and install in the directory listed above.

Zipped BA Thread Data

If anyone is interested, the links below will take you to a pretty comprehensive data set for BA threads.

The first link will take you to a BA screw thread table with clearance hole data for three degrees of fit, plus tapping drill info.

The second is the tolerance table data for Normal (0-16BA) and Close (0-10BA). the data for both tables is sourced from BSI BS93:1951 (the bible for such things!).

The data in both tables was used to create the BA XML data table for use in F360 above (which has been updated in light of the later calculations: the link will download the latest version - now 11/30/2016)

http://lwta.net/photos/BAThreadTol.xlsx
http://lwta.net/photos/BAThread TapClear.xlsx

Back