What's new
What's new

Best CAM for a MAZAK Integrex i200ST?

MTank88

Plastic
I have done 3 axis sheet metal programming for years but am breaking into the 4 & 5 axis milling / turning programming.
We currently have Esprit 2015 and I have done the week long training class which was at the very most bare-bones and lots of extra features we do not have the licenses for in Esprit. I'm a few months into Esprit and still its a huge learning curve. No one else here knows the software so its basically learn as you go. Esprit seems to have a lot of neat features if I can get up and running. I have tried for a month to get our Integrex to read an EIA program, all I am able to get is an X1 axis limit. Everything shows fine within Esprit. I have worked with Esprit & Mazak and they say all looks fine. We are having Mazak come out on 11/30 to see if its a machine issue. My question; Is there better alternatives to Esprit for a Mazak Integrex?

correct, we have main and sub spindle along with upper and lower turrets. We use the lower for fixed stick holder tooling and the upper for everything capto holder style.

Mazak themselves have been working very closely with Esprit to develop a turn key solution. Lots of other CAM packages say they will work with any system, but I don't have time to hold someone's hand debugging the shit.

We have quoted getting two seats of Esprit with our i400s as soon as our work gets off the damn fence and cuts Mazak a fricken PO for the machine.

I've heard Esprit is top notch for mill/turn machines. I don't have any personal experience with that. I used Esprit just s little bit probably over 10 years ago (wire edm, 3 axis vmc), I am sure the software is waaaayy more advanced when I used it.

There is no better product than Esprit for that machine. I have a Mori NTX2000 1500SZ which is very similar to the i200 ST and use Esprit to do everything from simple 2D turning, to full 5axis milling, part transfer etc. Never had a single issue with the post, and support has been excellent.

We use Esprit for our Integrex too. It didn't go smoothly at all. But eventually we got a post that worked and it's been fine since. I would suggest you don't pay in full until you've got a post that works for both spindles and both turrets.

Dan

GibbsCAM came out with a whole new part of their software that addresses mill/turn or as they put it MTM. I saw a huge demo of it. The coolest thing to me was that they have people embedded inside Mazak just like Esprit and their machine simulation is tied into their post processor. I would suggest at least taking a look at it.

We already bought it. Boss was sold on the demo we received. We are currently working on getting it working with our machine. It has been a headache to say the least.

"It has been a headache to say the least."

Yeah, I feel your pain. Our implementation of Esprit with our Integrex was a migraine that didn't go away for months.

Dan

Back