What's new
What's new

Best Cam Software for Mazak Integrex 5 Axis work???

rethinkit

Plastic
I'm in the market for cam software for programming our Mazak Integrex 200 III ST. Would like feed back on anyone who is currently programming and what pit falls we should be looking for. Of coarse regardless which software we decide to go with, a good post will be a must for what good is the greatest software with out a proven post processor. Of course we are looking at the initial cost but just important would be the cost of maintenance moving forward. Your thoughts and commits will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

If you want to be able to hit the ground running as soon as possible, Esprit is the way to go. They have full post and simulation for Integrexes, closest thing to bulletproof you're going to get. I've heard the full 5 axis is adequate, but not their strongest suit.

Biggest thing you're going to have to deal with are the older control on a MK3 Integrex. That was back when they were lathe based, new Integrexes are mill based. So that adds some quirks. Then you'll want to be able to handle the subspindle and lower turret effectively.

I've primarily used NX Cam for the last 7 years. NX can do all that you need to do, but I've never been able to get support the way I would like. I'm switching over to Hypermill, but they don't support multiple turret machines yet.

The other option you have is getting good 5 axis software for the B-axis head to make subprograms when you need full 5, and using mazatrol for everything else :D Which is honestly not a bad way to go if you don't mind jumping around in programs a bit. I do it all the time. You can do 3+2 milling in mazatrol pretty easily.

Whatever you decide, I would suggest having your part cut on your machine with the demo software before purchasing. If the software vendor won't/can't do it, then walk away.

...I've primarily used NX Cam for the last 7 years. NX can do all that you need to do, but I've never been able to get support the way I would like. I'm switching over to Hypermill, but they don't support multiple turret machines yet.

I use NX for 3 and 4 axis work but I have a few friends who use NX for 5 axis work and they really like it. Our experience with Siemens NX support has always been excellent but we go directly through Siemens and they have high standards for support. If you go with a VAR it can be hit or miss and you might find you have to wait a little while to get a resolution to a problem. Small accounts typically go through VAR's but I've heard that policy isn't written in stone so please don't quote me on that; you'll have to investigate that part for yourself.

Have you ever used EdgeCam?

I've used edgecam for years for 4axis mill and for lathe. A former employee now uses it for HMCs and integrexes. His shop moved from Esprit to Edgecam. If I had an unlimited budget i might pick NX, but for now Edgecam is my top choice. For both of us, getting or creating correct code generators for our machines has been the only real struggle with edgecam. Your reseller will make or break your edgecam experience, and your code generator satisfaction.

We're moving from edgecam to hypermill for that very reason, the posts are awful to outright dangerous.

Back