What's new
What's new

BobCAD CAM V27 Relase

aldepoalo

Stainless
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to let you know we have release the New BobCAD CAM V27 software.

The major focus of BobCAD-CAM V27 was improving CAD functionality. Many new features were added
to the system as well as an overhaul of many existing functions. The CAD Tree, a solid action tree, was
added to allow for modifying CAD models. The main idea was to provide a better design flow when
editing or creating part files within the BobCAD-CAM CAD system in both 2D and 3D design.

In addition to the CAD enhancements, 3 new toolpaths were added to the Mill 3 Axis Pro module. These
new operations provide a level of power and optimization capability to 3-axis machining that was
previously not available. Now, instead of figuring out how to accomplish a task, you just have to decide
which way you want to accomplish that task. Much of this new functionality was also added to the
previously available 3 Axis Pro operations in the BobCAD-CAM V27 release.

The Wire EDM module also gained some new, highly demanded, functionality as well including things
like the ability to edit and create the cutting conditions databases, toolpath patterning with optimized
subprograms, and many others!

General System Enhancements
  • 3DConnexion™ 3D Mouse Support
  • Zoom to Cursor

CAD Enhancements
  • Solid Action Tree
  • Dynamic Drawing
  • 2D Geometry Creation Tools
  • Surface and Solid Creation Tools
  • Shape Library
  • 2D Boolean
  • Extract Edges - Project to Z Plane
  • Nonuniform Scaling
  • Extrude Boss
  • Extrude Cut
  • Shell
  • Solid Split
  • Section View
  • Swung Surface
  • Ruled Surface
  • Fillet Surface Trimming Options

CAM Enhancements
  • Advanced Planar
  • Up Cutting and Down Cutting
  • Adaptive Stepover
  • Multiple Passes on Full Width Cut
  • Trim to Operation Stock
  • Boundary Options
  • Rest Finishing
  • Angle Range for Steep/Shallow Cutting
  • Zig, Zig Zag, and Spiral Cutting
  • Start from Top or Bottom
  • Machine Flatlands
  • Round Corners
  • Project Curves
  • Drive Curves
  • Intermediate Slices Control
  • Smooth Links Gap Size

Here is a few short video links covering some of the new features...

In this video I show you how the new line at angle work when you need a tangent intersection. There are many times when re drawing a part from print, the print doesn't give you all the information needed to create the drawing. Like when you have a tangle line to an arc with an unknown end point. This new feature allows you to draw an angle line tangent to an Arc!

BobCAD CAM V27 Angle Line Tangent To An Arc - YouTube

As a BobCAD users I am sure you have come to appreciate the CAM tree and how it makes quick work of storing and changing your part programming. Now that we have a CAD History Tree in V27 we offer the same flexibility for your designs. You can create solids and make changes quickly and easily. Watch this video to learn more about our new CAD features!

BobCAD CAM V27 CAD History Tree - YouTube

When working with wire frame drawings you may need to trim shapes into or out of each other. Because of this we have added 2D Booleans that use the same work flow as 3D Solid Booleans. The only different in the work flow is you have to rt click ok ( or space bar) after you select the first group of shapes. Again other useful tool for making quick work of creating wire frame profiles.

BobCAD CAM V27 2D Boolean - YouTube

In this video I walk through a sample 3D part. I use a sweep surface based on wire frame, and planar surface based on surface edges. Working with surface edges for design in a new feature in the V27. Once we model the part I lay down a roughing and Z level finish tool path. In the V27 Mill Pro we've added a Zig Zag option allowing the tool to cut back and forth following a profile, almost like a flow line. Once simulated, we go back to the model make some changes and update the tool path. Take a look!

BobCAD CAM V27 Zig Zag Z Level Finish - YouTube

In the BobCAD CAM V27 we've added many new tools for our Mill Professional users. Most of which are aimed to reduce geometry creation to limit tool path. Angle ranges, linking updates, leadin -out updates operational stock are just some of the new features. What this video to learn more.

BobCAD CAM V27 Advance Planar - YouTube

To learn more about the new features and option in the BobCAD CAM V27 software check out our website.

CAD-CAM Software | CNC Software by BobCAD-CAM

Hi Al...

First off thanks for your hard work. I can honestly say that you are the reason I purchased a copy of V26. Without your commitment to your product I would have not have given BOBCAD a second look after hearing stories of the way BobCad used to do business. They should be damn glad you're on their payroll!

While I've got you here :D

What is the policy on upgrades when a person buys the software close to the release of a new version.... I think I purchased V26 around 6 months ago and have been trying to learn enough to start programing a mill. So far I have drawn one complete part and it is kind of depressing to read of a new version just as I am starting to use the product...

Once again thanks for all you do!

Steve

Last edited:
I have the same issue as Steve. I'm still trying to figure out how to draw my first part. I'm signed up for training seminar in Omaha in January. I'm hoping to learn a lot about it and put it to work in the shop!!

I have the same issue as Steve. I'm still trying to figure out how to draw my first part. I'm signed up for training seminar in Omaha in January. I'm hoping to learn a lot about it and put it to work in the shop!!

Not an answer to your question.Just wanted to say the instructor of the seminars "Sorin" is a good teacher and very capable BoBCAD user.This class is more an introductory to novice user class.There is a tremendous amount of material to soak up in the brain over the 3 days.My suggestion to you is to keep struggling along with BoB as much as you can.The more you are familiar with the software before the seminar,the more you will be able to learn and understand during class time.

Yes I'm a VERY novice user. Everything we make is programmed on the machine or notepad and then sent over. So BobCad would be a great help.

I'm excited for the class. Hope to learn some and maybe take it again in the future to learn more.

My problem is frustrating... What I learn now with 26 is not necessarily going to be the way to draw, or process a part, with version 27...

How about and answer to my original question Al ?

swatkins,

BobCAD doesn't have a maintenance program, so when new versions come out they are optional and available at a reduced price. We do have a grace period for customers that purchase a new version close to the time an upgrade come out but 6 months is not in that grace period. If you would like email me your contact information al at bobcad dot com and I can look into your account and see what we can do for you.

How does bobcad do upgrades? I bought v27 mill pro and lathe standard, so when v28 comes out how much does it cost me to upgrade? what about to upgrade to mill turn?

They don't do maintenance upgrades but many times they give discounts to repeat customers if you ask (negotiate like buying a car). That being said always get an email with full detailed list before paying. With so many options it is easy to think you are getting a full blown pro version when you are quoted a more cut down option. Just a quick point though is that purchasing a full upgrade in Bobcad is still cheaper than maintenance on many other systems. V27 is absolutely great so far with so many enhancements. I am using it for 4 axis wire cuts as well as pro milling options. It is really a great product and Sorin's training class is well worth the cost. Just so you know when you do learn say version 26 then you will be able to move straight into V27. You can watch the videos to see what changes may effect how you use it but most changes are enhancements to existing features that you will not even notice. But there are new features that can help. I jumped from V24 to V27 and was pleased that most things worked the same but I still am learning there are new features. Watch some videos and connect with Sorin's facebook as well as Bobcad's and I get all the needed info for new features.

I like V27. Sure there may be some issues. But they will help you fix them. For the money I think it is a good program. The first part is hard with any program. But once you get going your learning curve will increase and things will move along. I like the videos that came with it. I almost got through them all. Once you watch them and your trying to figure something out, you can go back and find the video that has the info to get you back on track again. Don't watch them all at once or your head might explode. Are there better programs? Sure, but for the money, I like this one.

It is garbage. I am tired of working around the bugs and crashes and random tool number changes. The guy from Bobcad always pipes in defending the software. I'm going to spend more money and get software that is stable.

Back