What's new
What's new

BobCAD CAM V30 Just Released, Who is going to try it first?

aldepoalo

Stainless
BobCAD's just released it's V30

"BobCAD-CAM's Version 30 release has brought with it some incredibly powerful tools to add to your CAD-CAM arsenal. We have made some amazing improvements on geometry selection, how to program your part, and now, even give you a Toolpath Editor to give you the control to edit anything you want about the whole operation, a portion of the operation, or even a single entity of the overall operation. This is a release you really need to see to believe."

Enhanced CAD Picking
  • Easier way to edit and correct selections for design

Multiple Enhanced CAD Functions
  • Dramatically speeds up design work

Measure Tool Enhancements
  • Quick, easier way to inspect your 3D designs

Toolpath Editor
  • Control over all aspects of Toolpath

Enhanced Selection Tools for Machining Features
  • Better, more streamlined programming workflow

Geometry Extension and Trimming for 2 Axis Machining
  • Make common adjustments to the cutting geometry without using a CAD tool

Multiple Drill Sorting Options
  • Improved drilling efficiency and reduce cycle times

Multi Depth Chamfer Cutting
  • Use any size chamfer tool to cut any size chamfer

Multiple Enhancements to the 3 Axis Pro Toolpaths
  • More control over the tool and smoother material entries and exits

Lathe Toolpath Trimming to Stock and Stock Tracking
  • Faster toolpath programming and reduced cycle times

Read about all the new features here -----------------> What's New in BobCAD-CAM Version 3 | BobCAD-CAM

Attachments

• V30-Box-Black-monitor-1200x630.jpg
    V30-Box-Black-monitor-1200x630.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 287
  • Enhanced CAD Picking 2.jpg
    Enhanced CAD Picking 2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 435
  • Enhanced CAD Functions Scale Sketch Handle.jpg
    Enhanced CAD Functions Scale Sketch Handle.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 385
  • Measrue Tool Enhancements.jpg
    Measrue Tool Enhancements.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 623
  • Enhanced Selection tools for Machining.jpg
    Enhanced Selection tools for Machining.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,170
I will try it. I am interested in seeing how the design side has progressed. As well, I've been using BC for Milling, WEDM, and a lot or Turning lately and love how far it has come. Have to hand it to the team - They have really come a long way and made a lot of little things much easier.

My standard complaints still exist, but overall it's been a good experience. Having experience in a fair number of other suites, I can not say that about all of them. So, that's actually saying something about BC.

How do I arrange to try it side by side with V29?

Zahnrad, I agree with the standard complaints. I biggest issue at the moment is the sales department. They think they need to play games to get you to buy it. Just tell me the benefits over the other versions and cut the crap out of it. Telling me if I purchase with in the next 24 hrs I will save $5000. That alone makes me not want to get it.

Zahnrad, I agree with the standard complaints. I biggest issue at the moment is the sales department. They think they need to play games to get you to buy it. Just tell me the benefits over the other versions and cut the crap out of it. Telling me if I purchase with in the next 24 hrs I will save $5000. That alone makes me not want to get it.

Dammit. I REALLY effing hate hearing that kind of stuff. Shoot me a PM or email, please. Have some questions. As an aside, I might be able to help connect you to someone that will shoot straight with you. I went through something similar, as well. If I can help, I'm happy to.

That's been why I won't even give it a consideration - their sales guys are high pressure and annoying as hell... It took a year to get them to quit calling me after I decided I didn't like it. I wouldn't consider going through that again.... Fix that guys...you're very well known for your sales people's antics.

I've been talking with them about going from 27 to 30. Yesterday I hooked up with a demonstrator from Austin and he showed me some nice things that version 30 has.

The sales team has come a long way from where they started and for the last 3 years have only contacted me about 3 times to see if I wanted to update to the latest version.. Once a year is not bad, especially when they used to do it once a month!

Frankly Version 27 did what I need to do up until last week when I bought in a mill with a fourth axis. If not for that I would not even consider going to 30.

I also run a router table and 30 has some nice features that would be usefull for me.

My problem is I don't use the software every day, sometimes not for weeks, and most of my income comes from machines that don't even need Bobcad Ver.1. Upgrading is not going to pay for itself and I could use Fusion 360 for free so I'm in a position of not really needing to upgrade. Problem is I don't trust Autodesk anymore and Bobcad has been decent.

I'm really on the fence about upgrading. I really look at upgrading as a "donation" to keep Bobcad going as I really don't need to upgrade. That's not a bad thing as we need companies to write software for us and I'd rather it be Bobcad than Autodesk.

This afternoon I received an email with a very good price for a bundle of bobcad products. I was going to think it over this weekend and make my decision. Unfortunately they shot themselves in the foot by making a deadline of 5:30 this afternoon. I was about 95% sure I was going to upgrade, a deadline just killed the deal.

Al I hope you read this and pass it on... Used car tactics are not something you guys should be using.

How do upgrades work with Bobcad. Is there special pricing for an upgrade from V29 or is it a complete new purchase?

New purchase.. IF you are on the support program you get the service packs for your version. I think 29 ( or 27) had three service packs.

They really should come up with a upgrade path. If they had that I would even keep up with the maintenance. 150.00 a year is not bad at all. Hell even programmers have to eat :)

This afternoon I received an email with a very good price for a bundle of bobcad products. I was going to think it over this weekend and make my decision. Unfortunately they shot themselves in the foot by making a deadline of 5:30 this afternoon. I was about 95% sure I was going to upgrade, a deadline just killed the deal.

Al I hope you read this and pass it on... Used car tactics are not something you guys should be using.

Damn. I have spoken with a couple of the guys there and had been told that this kind of nonsense had been nipped in the butt. Now, I see this. I had my own issues with one of their salesmen that resulted in their not being a salesman afterwards, so I know how it feels to be on the receiving end of this.

I was really hoping that they had indeed learned the lesson and moved in a better direction. But between this, and the five people I've had email exchanges with, I'm beginning to wonder. I really hope that this is the result of one person and can be remedied quickly before it does more damage.

I've held a sweet spot for BC simply from a technical/economic standpoint, but it's hard to illustrate what's great with it when they keep shooting themselves in the foot.

(sigh)

Ill be honest, wouldn't mind testing the solidworks plugin... but I am extremely hesitant to give up my contact info.

I was like you about 5 years ago when BobCad had a really bad name because of the sales tactics. I did talk with them and made it clear that I was not going to put up with it and was told by Al that BobCad had turned a new leaf and would not hound me. I sucked it up and started talking with them and to this day it has not been a problem. Amazon and eBay send me 50 times more stuff than BobCad does.

I think it would probably be ok to give them your contact information. Two days ago I would have been 100% sure. Today I'm only 50% sure so a hot mail address and a Walmart burner phone might be in order.

I know this software is not cutting edge but the price point is great and it does everything I need. There is a ton of help both here and Al's videos.. I've always said that Al saved Bobcad and did not hesitate to send people for a trial.

After sleeping on it I'm even more depressed over the matter. I have no idea what it will take for them to regain my confidence again, maybe only time.. Sad how a simple ultimatum can destroy my trust in a company...

After sleeping on it I'm even more depressed over the matter. I have no idea what it will take for them to regain my confidence again, maybe only time.. Sad how a simple ultimatum can destroy my trust in a company...

You're not alone. I have spoken and corresponded with now Eight others with the exact same sentiment. They are killing their own legitimacy and shooting themselves in the foot by allowing this to even occur. Adding to the problem is that I have recommended the software to others ( and rightfully so ), so when they do this it reflects back upon me, too.

Adding to the problem is that I have recommended the software to others ( and rightfully so ), so when they do this it reflects back upon me, too.

Not your fault.

But from now on I can't trust a single thing you say. You've been removed from the circle of trust. :D

trust.jpg

I've been talking with them about going from 27 to 30. Yesterday I hooked up with a demonstrator from Austin and he showed me some nice things that version 30 has.

The sales team has come a long way from where they started and for the last 3 years have only contacted me about 3 times to see if I wanted to update to the latest version.. Once a year is not bad, especially when they used to do it once a month!

Frankly Version 27 did what I need to do up until last week when I bought in a mill with a fourth axis. If not for that I would not even consider going to 30.

I also run a router table and 30 has some nice features that would be usefull for me.

My problem is I don't use the software every day, sometimes not for weeks, and most of my income comes from machines that don't even need Bobcad Ver.1. Upgrading is not going to pay for itself and I could use Fusion 360 for free so I'm in a position of not really needing to upgrade. Problem is I don't trust Autodesk anymore and Bobcad has been decent.

I'm really on the fence about upgrading. I really look at upgrading as a "donation" to keep Bobcad going as I really don't need to upgrade. That's not a bad thing as we need companies to write software for us and I'd rather it be Bobcad than Autodesk.

The deadline gets extended if you really want it they will do it

I have to guess folks are not lying about sales bugging the shit out of you ???

But,what ?,,9 years now,,,and that simply has not happened to me ??

Beats the fck out of me ?

so a hot mail address and a Walmart burner phone might be in order.
Bwahahaha, that's funny right there. I remember flipping out on one of those guys on a regular basis, they must have lost my number.

Still waiting on the Solidworks plugin license, but the stand-alone is up and running... I haven't spent a whole lot of time on it yet, but so far - I will be honest - it's pretty nice. Workflow is quick and easy, and makes sense...comparative to others out there that have horrific workflow. It's not perfect, but from what I've seen so far it's better than it used to be. It has high speed roughing that looks ok as well, although I am having some issues getting it to understand my part boundaries... I'll spend some more time with it and report back. I am anxious to try the SW version. If it works as good as HSMWorks, I'd ditch Autodesk for it.

Back