Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    I am confused if this is a post to bitch or if you really want help ??

Clearance Plane,,,well,you kinda need/want it.....I suppose if you don't understand that and don't want to look at the crap load of free video's on You Tube or a simple click to the Help menu,I guess I can waste some of my time ???? Anyhow click Machine Set-up/Edit there she is,,put your numerical number there,,,Drilling Ops gosh,I am out of time for now

BoB is like the difference between night and day coming from V23 to 30,,,going to take a lot of effort on your part to learn it now.Very,very powerful software now.I had V23,,,lot easier and faster to use,,,for simple shit,,,,but BoB is way more software now,,perhaps you don't need a software as good as V30?Depends on what you doing ??????Sorry if a little assholy,but you either want help or you wanna bitch,,,choose one

BTW I have had 23,25,26,and 28 and have Demo 30 ,I don't call them Morons,I learn the software and make money,,,

If you would have read the post I actually asked if there was a way to DISABLE them not where they were located at. I have watched all of the start up videos & a few of the basic videos, just havent had enough time to watch the longer videos just yet, spent most of my free time trying to get my post processor working correctly.

Reason I asked about disabling them is I dont care for the multiple stops/starts in Z axis movement (cant be good on equipment). Probably cause I am used to just using my rapid plane to clear objects on the table. I like the FEED PLANE feature but just didnt understand why you need a setting so similar to the already 2 there. So, I just run my clearance plane & rapid with the same setting, same thing with drilling rapids & group retracts.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OK,go to Help menu and check out clearance plane,feed plane,and rapid plane
    Here's the thing,"terminology" is the key to understanding each one
    got to learn "Bob's" use of words
    Anyhow,if you go to machine/edit,,,you may put in your own numerical value for clearance plane,,any number you desire,,,zero if desired(bad idea)
    Here is one example of where you really need/pay attention to this setting,,,,,if you have bolts,etc. in the way,,,you don't want to be rapiding from one "feature" to another at rapid pane because you can "CRASH"
    Clearance plane is to define the safe height that the machine can go from one "feature" to another,,NOW,if your machining a particular feature,say with multiple depths and passes,but there are no obstructions in the way,you want to keep the tool down.
    NOW,same tool goes to the next area of your part,you cannot get there with your rapid plane set so low,BIG UGLY BOLT IN WAY,,that is where Clearance Plane comes in,,,Clearance Plane is for positioning between features,,rapid and feed plane are for the feature at hand
    Once more "Bob's terminology" you need a good understanding of their interpretation on what some of these words mean.
    Buzz words like,,,,Clearance Plane,Rapid Plane,Feed Plane,drilling//group retracts,hole groups,,top of "feature",total depth,bottom of job

Thing is,,the new Bob is going to take a considerable amount of your time to learn it well.
    Like the commercial says"This ain't you Fathers Oldsmobile"

It may be too much software for what you really need,,,but trust me,BoB is very bad ass now-a-days,,,especially for the money
    Guarantee,,you get M/C,Gibbs,etc. your learning curve is going to be very steep
    BoB is no longer the cheap software,,so to speak that it use to be,,,no way comparable at all to V23
    Ask questions,many can help,,,don't mean this in a bad way,but ignorance and bitching don't get the job done,,Bob really works great and I personally will back that up

3. Likes eaglemike liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Also,you may go to either "part" or "current" settings and tweak all kind of things to your liking
    spend the time,learn the software,watch the video's on you tube,,,from V26 on up,,,most of the info is relevant for V30

5. Likes eaglemike liked this post