What's new
What's new

BobCad V27 issues

rbregn

Aluminum
I have come to the conclusion that when you draw something in V27 you don't want to make a mistake. I you try to modify it, especially if there are some operations after it, more times then not it will lock up the program and crash it.:mad5: My computer was built to handle Solidworks no problem, but I have not had time to open it, let alone learn it.
My computer system has the following,
Intel i7 4770 system in a 650W Mid tower
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram
2 500 GB Sata3 WD Hard Drives
Integrated 100/1000 Network interface card
HP Firepro W5 100 4GB DDR5Ram
Acer V226WL 22" LED LCD Monitor-16:10-5 ms
Running Windows 7 Professional x 64 Bit

Does anyone know if BobCad has an issue with any of these systems? The Slowest part of my computer is the Hard drives. My system Rating is 5.9, from the hard drives. Otherwise my slowest score is 7.7.

Really frustrating.

Last edited:
Can you replicate the same crash ?
In other words can you do the same thing twice and it crashes both times ?
Can you perhaps make a video showing step by step what you are doing leading up to the crash.
I would be glad to help if I can see exactly what and how you are doing things.

And no,I don't have that problem often,,,but we could be doing completely different kinds of drawing.
Basing my reply with mostly using V26

I use to use V24 and it would crash alot when I would be posting the toolpath and coding. I would reinstall the program and that would fix it for a couple times that I used it then go back to crashing. I then just gave up on it and moved on but from what I read all versions seem to crash a bit. Only thing I can say is save your project often. I do believe there is an option some where to set an auto save for so many minutes. Atleast that way you would not have to start over from the beginning every time it crashes.

Best thing I did was put in a 2 gig or 4 cant remember, video card.. Its easy to crash integrated video cards with cad software IMO..

It is a top of the line video card, has its own 4GB. Working at home with the laptop. Everytime I hit the save button, it crashes. Really starting to piss me off.

After experiencing extremely similar crashing issues with the last 3 versions of BCC, I have concluded that BobCAD doesn't play well with AMD cards. Your results may vary, just my observations.

Back