What's new
What's new

Cad

Fabdawg

Plastic
Hello out there, anyone have any recomendations on drawing software just starting drawing I need something to help me when I machine I have a Mazak Lathe and Mill. What would be the best but not wanting to spend a lot if money what is the best bang for the buck?

Hello out there, anyone have any recomendations on drawing software just starting drawing I need something to help me when I machine I have a Mazak Lathe and Mill. What would be the best but not wanting to spend a lot if money what is the best bang for the buck?

Best bang for your buck would be Autodesk Fusion 360. You can do pretty much everything. If you are a student or a start up its free if not it is $300 a year or $40 a month. Check out OnShape also! Most cab cam softwares are in the thousands!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like most things different CAD programs have different strengths. Give some thought as to what types of things you need to draw. Most likely you are going to want to draw prismatic shapes vs organic surfaces. The first being boxy type parts vs sexy curves and complex surfaces.

Fusion can do both. The only thing I don't like about it is it uses the cloud and you can't buy it outright.

Alibre used to be really good for the money. It's now called Geomagic Design and ever since 3D Systems bought them out they charge a lot more for it.

If you need a surface modeler check out Rhino 3D.

I would check out Fusion. There is a lot that it cannot do but it can do a lot for your money. I recommend checking it out to see if it can do what you need.

Back