What's new
What's new

Cad cam for shop use

rwild

Plastic
Hello all,

Thanks for entering my thread.

We are looking for a low cost cad/cam software for shop use. The software features we need, drafting, 3D machining, translators for .stp. .igs, parasolid. If possible, the ability to work with native Unigraphics and Catia files. It will also have to be ITAR compliant.

Thanks for your help,
Randy

To my knowledge the requirement of working with native Unigraphics and Catia files precludes low budget, depending on your definition. You can get add-on translators for those for Mastercam.

Look at OneCnc I don't know what ITAR is, but it's a hell of a good cad cam package for the money. Call Patrick Mathews 909 931 7811 He gives the very best support I've ever seen for any cad cam package. He can answer all your questions, demo the software, etc.

Hello all,

We are looking for a low cost cad/cam software for shop use. The software features we need, drafting, 3D machining, translators for .stp. .igs, parasolid. If possible, the ability to work with native Unigraphics and Catia files. It will also have to be ITAR compliant.

Thanks for your help,
Randy

Have you looked at NX CAM Express? I believe can work directly with NX and SE files. I have never quoted a seat though; best for you to contact a VAR for pricing.

NX 11.0.2
NX12

Hello all,

Thanks for your help,
Randy

What is your budget?
Low cost, Unigraphics and Catia are never in the same sentence.

]We are looking for a low cost cad/cam software for shop use. The software features we need, drafting, 3D machining, translators for .stp. .igs, parasolid. If possible, the ability to work with native Unigraphics and Catia files. It will also have to be ITAR compliant.

If you're swimming with the sort of fish who spit out NX and Catia files, who require ITAR compliance... why are you focused on buying cheap software?

Back