What's new
What's new

software reinstall issues

WILLEO6709

Diamond
Trying to reinstall DP espirit 2002 on a fresh install of XP Pro. It tells me it can't install c:\programfiles\common files\installshield\6\engine\intel32\ctor.dll. Most of the path is read only on the folders and I can't change it locally.... any way around this error or am I waiting for DP?

Hmm, on a standard XP installation, I'm also seeing read only attributes on the folders. However, your path description has 6\engine transposed for some reason. Is this a typo or a literal copy and paste of the path?

This is interesting to me as I am looking at a similar issue. I need to upgrade my computer but I have a older version of Esprit and no current maintenance contract. I am concerned about how it will work out.

Has anyone else had trouble with Esprit on XP?

Charles

Are you the Administrator on this PC?

Was Esprit already installed on this computer? If so, make sure it is fully uninstalled. Also make sure you are the administrator of the PC you are installing it on. Esprit will only install with administator privliges.
That sounds like the problem if you are getting read-only issues.

I have run Esprit since 2005 on XP. We now have 08 and XpPro SP3 and have never had install problems.

this is a new HDD in the same machine, which was running the same version on XP ...xp was just getting goofy, time to reload it all. This is espirit 2002, not under contract, patch coming from espirit via email today, supposed to be a windows glitch. the path could be a typo, the post was generated on another pc, may not have gotten the whole path right.

Back