What's new
What's new

CamWorks feed question

WDW

Aluminum
I am having a problem with CamWorks I don't know if it is a new issue or if I just have not noticed. When I use a spiral z feed I can not control the speed of the Z it will only feed at the same IPM as my cut. Does anyone else have this problem?

Are you trying to control the feed rate for the move in z from clearance position? As far as I know, a helical move is only going to have one feed rate. Or are you using a spiral strategy for a 3axis (surfacing) operation?

Are you trying to control the feed rate for the move in z from clearance position? As far as I know, a helical move is only going to have one feed rate. Or are you using a spiral strategy for a 3axis (surfacing) operation?

Yes, I am trying to control the feed for the move from Z. When entry move is set to plunge I can change the z feed when it is set to spiral it will only feed at the same rate as my cut.

Interesting. Never noticed that before. I rarely use spiral but when I do I wanted it to feed at the full feed rate. But what if I wanted to change it? Seems I can't except by hand editing the G code later. Gonna watch this thread to see if someone else knows a way.

I've used Camworks for about 8 years, and it's never applied "Z feed" to the helix in or ramp in move. Only when plunging. Otherwise, XY feed is what's applied. You'd think they'd give you an opportunity to have a different feed for this purpose, but not the case.

I've used Camworks for about 8 years, and it's never applied "Z feed" to the helix in or ramp in move. Only when plunging. Otherwise, XY feed is what's applied. You'd think they'd give you an opportunity to have a different feed for this purpose, but not the case.

Thanks for the information. I was on subscription but I did not do it this year they haven't really changed much over the years so it was not worth the money. I need to make a list of suggestions to send to them. This will be one of them.

Actually, they have made some nice user interface improvements lately. However, with the cost of maintenance, if you're on a budget it may not be worth it.
They do have an enhancement request form, if you didn't know. I've turned in a couple, but nothing done yet. Maybe in 2015...

Back