What's new
What's new

Cimco edit 7

Pauly123321

Aluminum
Cimco edit 7
Can anyone help? We just upgraded to cimco edit 7 mostly for us turner's, the problem I have now is everything on radius is coming out on I J K but I prefer to use R values. Anyone know what settings I'm supposed to have it on? I've tried it in CNC calc and backplot but nothing changes when I alter the settings.

Cimco edit 7
Can anyone help? We just upgraded to cimco edit 7 mostly for us turner's, the problem I have now is everything on radius is coming out on I J K but I prefer to use R values. Anyone know what settings I'm supposed to have it on? I've tried it in CNC calc and backplot but nothing changes when I alter the settings.

You have to find the post file cimco is using for the machine you are running and edit THAT. In the start of the post it will give you the nerd speak on what represents a line block... // or * or something else. Or you need to edit it another way by actually adding the line itself.

I am not a nerd, others here may help you more.

Not sure it's just a cimco edit. It's used to make programs and send to machines. It's no where near as powerful as cad cam or the other ones

I wasn't aware Cimco offered anything like that until now.

You aren't getting much help here, that's for sure. If I were in your position I'd just give my reseller a call. Should be able to get you straightened out in a hurry.

I wasn't aware Cimco offered anything like that until now.

You aren't getting much help here, that's for sure. If I were in your position I'd just give my reseller a call. Should be able to get you straightened out in a hurry.

Yeah have to admit I thought it was gonna be more helpful here lol. Yeah I think they may have to give them a call.

Back