What's new
What's new

Creating a hatch pattern in Inventor

conceptdevelopers

Cast Iron
After years I finally have a need to create a hatch pattern on a surface on a print and for the life of me I cant find where in Inventor you can add one to an IDW print. :willy_nilly:

Someone please enlighten me!

I think you mean a "break out" view? that will accomplish the hatch if there's a cutaway surface(s) in the breakout view.

start a sketch in IDW to draw the boundary of the break-out, then use the break out tool to create the view (effectively extruding the drawn profile to a specified depth)

edit: there's also, once in IDW sketch, the ability to pick a region and fill/hatch it. maybe that's the one you want? I noticed that, to make it work you gotta click the little icon in the top left of the fill/hatch region dialog to make it work (switches it to "hatch" mode instead of "fill" mode)

Well I knew I could get to it that way but what I was wanting to do was highlight areas I want cad plating, and areas I didn't. So I need the model to stay in tact.

Didn't finish reading before I started answering.( Typical Guy:) ) I will check out your later suggestion in the A.M. Time to go HOME

Last edited:
yep just played around with it (never used that hatch-fill tool), you can totally outline the areas you want hatched and then fill it right in with whatever hatch pattern you like. looks good!

Back