What's new
What's new

Edgecam strategy manager hole chamfer cycle.

Uhrenholt

Aluminum
Hi,

The last week or so I have been working with strategies for the most common operations we do where I work. Drilling, reaming, threading and countersinking of bolt holes. The therm "Monkey Milling" was made at the factory, the great thing is that the programming time of these operations is so fast now, as they read from the solids and takes the tool that fits in the tool library and do the operations needed with only one click.

But I now have a problem with an chamfer cycle for all the standard holes, I have an 90 degree counter bore tool that I want to make an drilling cycle with and with the depth of cut for each hole to get a decent chamfer.

It is all working, but I only want one toolchange for all of the holes, chosen in Edgecam, right now I have one for each feature.

Any good ideas how to do this?

Cheers, Daniel

Anyone have an idea on how to only have one tool change in this strategy? Or at least an easy way to have Edgecam combine the operations under one tool?

the strategy works like a charm, fast as hell when I'm making progressive stamping tool parts. With the strategy manager I have reduced my programming to about 1/20 if that can do it. This is an great tool for the programming of standard holes and features with the work we do!

Still, I think mastercam is more powerful and can do a lot of things if one needs to tweak programs for production, or making injection molds.

I need to get this working before 1 of February, as I'm moving from the tool shop to the technical production department making robots and automatic assembly lines with the engineers. Project planning, creation of ideas and optimation of production at the company + programming of processes at the company! Need a larger pay check when stepping up the ladder 😁

Cheers

Back