What's new
What's new

Esprit VS PartMaker for swiss machines

Dirk Carswell

Plastic
We have a new Tornos ST 26 and front side - backside - whoops both sides is requiring that we get ourselves some programming software..

anyone had any recent (last 2 years) experience with both Esprit and PartMaker with a Swiss style machine having two channels (front side and back side machining capable)?

How about an opinion if you only have one?

Of course we are especially concerned that it be able to figure out the syncing all on its own.
But also giving us good cycle times and being able to massage the program to squeeze out seconds.

thanks in advance for any insight!

Dirk Carswell

Mac Valves Inc.

Michigan

Dirk,

We have seven Citizens and use WINCNC available through Citizen for most parts. We have and use Partmaker as well. Give Russ at Partmaker a call, he has been very helpful to us.

BTBB

We have two Citizens that are both three path machines. We also use wincnc exclusively. It doesn't do any writing for you but just provides a nice editing environment.

I'm not a die hard for or against using CAM. It just doesn't make economical sense as we make our own products.

Most Swiss guys I know aren't using CAM. Once you have a good library you don't need it for 95% of parts out there.

We have two Citizens that are both three path machines. We also use wincnc exclusively. It doesn't do any writing for you but just provides a nice editing environment.

I'm not a die hard for or against using CAM. It just doesn't make economical sense as we make our own products.

Most Swiss guys I know aren't using CAM. Once you have a good library you don't need it for 95% of parts out there.

We program our Citizens with no problem, but the Tornos has a few more axis and our guys think they are proofing a program if they put it in single block...so it only crashes one block at a time I guess lol.

We are also looking at shaving a second here, a second there. When you move an operation you mess up the syncs which software helps you fix easier.

I've used Partmaker a bit. I prefer it to Esprit.
Just seems to do things the way I do things...
I used to program my SV32 using Mastercam and edit in the sync's.
That got old...

A shop I used to work for up on CT with tons of cnc citizens made the switch to part maker and far as I know they love it.

They've been using it for at least 5 years now.

Well since we are already talking about swiss programming, anybody here using Mastercam's Swiss Expert?

Just wondering.

I have used Partmaker for well over a decade, no experience with Esprit. Partmaker is very easy and powerful. Manipulating operations is simple and logical.

Back