What's new
What's new

Feature Cam 2007, .paf file

CRB

Plastic
Hello,

After a recent computer crash and getting a new one with my files copied over I went to use my Feature Cam 2007. It came up in evaluation mode and it would not accept the registration code to fully activate. With some digging I found out that my .paf file is missing. I called Autodesk help who owns Delcam now and they could not help. I called the provider I purchased the software from and they could not help. Is there ANY way to get this software up and running again or is that basically it? My boss won't spring for the new SUBSCRIPTION software. Help please?

Hello,

After a recent computer crash and getting a new one with my files copied over I went to use my Feature Cam 2007. It came up in evaluation mode and it would not accept the registration code to fully activate. With some digging I found out that my .paf file is missing. I called Autodesk help who owns Delcam now and they could not help. I called the provider I purchased the software from and they could not help. Is there ANY way to get this software up and running again or is that basically it? My boss won't spring for the new SUBSCRIPTION software. Help please?

yep pretty much SOL, they AD do not honor any out of date DelCam software period.

well your boss cannot get any new work if Featurecam was your only CAM software, he'll have to buy another that is perpetual and spend $$$

I work at a school, so had to go through AutoDesk and upgrade. If you liked 2007, the new version is totally different! My partner here still runs an older version, don't know if you can use a different paf file or not?

You are SOL unless you can recover the .paf from the crashed computer. Or, have it saved someplace else.
The .paf file was delivered by email. Any way to dig that old email up?

You are SOL unless you can recover the .paf from the crashed computer. Or, have it saved someplace else.
The .paf file was delivered by email. Any way to dig that old email up?

Thanks everyone I figured I was SOL. Appreciate the advice. Got to find a way to jail break this thing. I don't think you can use just any .paf file.

Unfortunately, the PAF file was tied to the dongle and they verify each other.

That having been said, while I am in no way advocating software theft, in this case you should be well within your right to find, crack and then use the cracked version
of what you have already paid for.
ADSK decided to abandon the tool that was bought and paid for by you. It's now your job to make it usable however you may wish to.

I've been here, with PowerMill. My recommendation would be to plug in your old drive and let your new computer run an exhaustive search for " *.paf " files. It is not uncommon for them to be stored in other places, besides the common C:/dcam/config location. Can't hurt to look.

Well, well, well. I managed to get in contact with someone who shall remain nameless and got my .paf file for my specific dongle. Funny thing......Autodesk and the provider Pro Force said they have no records that far back and no .paf files remain in their systems. Liars. All they want to do is sell you their subscription for an upgraded version (which sucks) and pull you by the nose. If you bought your software costing thousands of dollars back in the day, and that is what you are used to then you own it. It's a sad day when deceit and dollars trumps customer service. I will never use any Autodesk product again.

Back