What's new
What's new

Feature CAM Seat For Sale

jayathorn

Plastic
I have a seat of Feature CAM with solid imports and feature recognition that I never use. I received it in a deal that I made to buy all of the equipment in a shop that was closing. It costs $300 to transfer the seat to a new persons name through Delcam which I did about 6 months ago along with purchasing one years maintenance.

I would like to sell it to someone who can use it as I already use Gibbs and don't want to learn a new software. If anyone is interested please send me a message to discuss details.

I have a seat of Feature CAM with solid imports and feature recognition that I never use. I received it in a deal that I made to buy all of the equipment in a shop that was closing. It costs $300 to transfer the seat to a new persons name through Delcam which I did about 6 months ago along with purchasing one years maintenance.

I would like to sell it to someone who can use it as I already use Gibbs and don't want to learn a new software. If anyone is interested please send me a message to discuss details.

Not trying to :stirthepot: Maybe things have changed. But, last time I asked about this, it was not possible to transfer ownership.
They have also had a huge change in policy very recently. You should definitely make sure what you just stated is fact.

You are right and I just put in a call and waiting to hear back. I made the transfer of ownership to my business back in November but things may have changed, I will post here what they tell me.

I know they are switching over to a subscription based software instead of selling seats to customers next year but nothing will change for people that already own them is what I was told.

You are right and I just put in a call and waiting to hear back. I made the transfer of ownership to my business back in November but things may have changed, I will post here what they tell me.

I know they are switching over to a subscription based software instead of selling seats to customers next year but nothing will change for people that already own them is what I was told.

Curious how you transferred ownership. I was told (by Christian Briscoe) That selling FeatureCAM was in no way a legal possibility, and they absolutely would not provide any technical support for second-hand software.

the only way it can happen is if the business is sold lock stock and barrel to a new person, all software do this.

Curious how you transferred ownership. I was told (by Christian Briscoe) That selling FeatureCAM was in no way a legal possibility, and they absolutely would not provide any technical support for second-hand software.

Any ideas if that is just featurecam, or have you heard that about other softwares (cad/cam specific)? About 1.5 years ago my current company 'bought' mastercam from their 'sister' company (strange deal all-around :nutter:). I think there was some mumbo-jumbo with the legal team, but not too much bother.

Any ideas if that is just featurecam, or have you heard that about other softwares (cad/cam specific)? About 1.5 years ago my current company 'bought' mastercam from their 'sister' company (strange deal all-around :nutter:). I think there was some mumbo-jumbo with the legal team, but not too much bother.

FeatureCAM is the only one I know for a fact will not transfer ownership of a license.

Is there any reason the software could not be sold "as is"? The buyer might not ever be able to update it or get any support, but it still would be usable wouldn't it?

FeatureCAM is waaaay to glitchy to not need support! I can only run a version so long before weird shit starts happening.
When I call they always act like I am crazy. But, their solution is ALWAYS to update.
I simply quit calling a while ago, because there was a point where support got so bad, it seemed I knew more about the software than the support techs.
Now I just update, because I know that will be their ultimate solution anyways.
Maybe they have some decent techs now? I really don't know.
Post support is still pretty damn good though!!!

I kind of put this on the backburner until I talked to Featurecam. I was told that I was able to transfer it because the shop closed that was using it, and also that they would let me transfer ownership for $300 if I sold it just like they did for me. My maintenance package ends in August so I am going to try to sell it before then, please let me know if anyone is interested.

I kind of put this on the backburner until I talked to Featurecam. I was told that I was able to transfer it because the shop closed that was using it, and also that they would let me transfer ownership for $300 if I sold it just like they did for me. My maintenance package ends in August so I am going to try to sell it before then, please let me know if anyone is interested.

I thought featurecam was killed off

What exactly do you have for sale here? I wouldn't mind having another dongle.

I thought featurecam was killed off

As wheelieking71 pointed out, Featurecam is very much alive. However, Delcam/Autodesk did discontinue development of Delcam for Solidworks (DFS) - originally started out as a Featurecam for Solidworks project and many users still viewed it that way given the many similarities in the interface. Currently, I believe Delcam is trying to move users of DFS to Featurecam.

Fred

As wheelieking71 pointed out, Featurecam is very much alive. However, Delcam/Autodesk did discontinue development of Delcam for Solidworks (DFS) - originally started out as a Featurecam for Solidworks project and many users still viewed it that way given the many similarities in the interface. Currently, I believe Delcam is trying to move users of DFS to Featurecam.

Fred

Maybe that's what I was thinking of figured since autodesk got her paws on delcam, just assumed it was killed off for inventor hsm and fusion 360

I have the full 3 axis milling package with solid model imports and maintenance for another month. I was told by Featurecam its a $5500 package.

Back