What's new
What's new

FeatureCam how to limit spindle speed?

rfrink

Cast Iron
I'm new to featurecam.

How do I set the default max spindle speed to ...say 10,000rpm. That is the max on our machines.

Featurecam is currently setting spindle speeds higher than this for some tools in some materials. For example...a 3/8" EM in Aluminum. I would like this to default to 10,000 rather than having to edit with an override.

Any help?

Thanks!!

Rob

If memory serves me correctly, go into post editing and then CNC info. Under feeds and speeds you can set max machine rpm. To get into post editing in later versions of Featurecam just click on the name of the .cnc file on lower right of status bar at bottom of the screen. HTH

Fred

If memory serves me correctly, go into post editing and then CNC info. Under feeds and speeds you can set max machine rpm. To get into post editing in later versions of Featurecam just click on the name of the .cnc file on lower right of status bar at bottom of the screen. HTH

Fred

Thank you very much Sir!!!! That did it!

Rob

Another method would be in the feature properties. So, if you have a TURN feature, click on it and get into the parameters of the cut where you'd have depth of cut, etc, and you'll have a tab for speeds and feeds. You can limit it there as well, I think.

Back