What's new
What's new

Fight als with the #icebucketchallenge

Of course it's great people are donating. But they could donate anytime previously to this.

The fact that they do it online makes it for the wrong reasons. It's like a star taking a photo op with children in Africa.

If your going to donate, do it anonymously.

Of course it's great people are donating. But they could donate anytime previously to this.

The fact that they do it online makes it for the wrong reasons. It's like a star taking a photo op with children in Africa.

If your going to donate, do it anonymously.

I certainly see your point and that is certainly noble. I take issue with it, however. Most of the money raised for ALS from this challenge would never have been donated because it is a very rare disease despite also being called Lou Gehrig's Disease. I think this is a great way to get it some recognition.

As for the kids in Africa, anytime a celebrity can drum up money for those poor kids then I say good on ya. I've been to Uganda and seen firsthand what most will never see.

In an effort to NOT derail this thread, keep up the good work for those of you that did this and continue to pass it along. It DOES make a difference. I did this past weekend and as a result now know of at least $1000 dollars raised from this "dumb ass ice bucket challenge."............... Ingrates

I certainly see your point and that is certainly noble. I take issue with it, however. Most of the money raised for ALS from this challenge would never have been donated because it is a very rare disease despite also being called Lou Gehrig's Disease. I think this is a great way to get it some recognition.

As for the kids in Africa, anytime a celebrity can drum up money for those poor kids then I say good on ya. I've been to Uganda and seen firsthand what most will never see.

In an effort to NOT derail this thread, keep up the good work for those of you that did this and continue to pass it along. It DOES make a difference. I did this past weekend and as a result now know of at least $1000 dollars raised from this "dumb ass ice bucket challenge."............... Ingrates

I didn't call it a "dumb ass ice bucket challenge". I obviously see the value in the fad. It has raised money for a good cause, and I agree this is great.

I do think it's pathetic anytime a person uses a charitable donation for their own selfish reasons. That disgusts me.

Have you heard about the Piss Challenge? You piss in your own mouth to raise money for kids with bladder cancer. I nominate Alloy Mcgraw.

Maybe if you watched a loved one suffer with ALS you might think differently? but probably not...

ALS is a disease that affects the nerves in your brain and spinal cord the ALS challenge has helped raise over 60 million dollars and they use the ice bucket challenge because when the ice is poured on you your nerves are affected just like people with ALS,it's about raising awareness just like when people where pink for breast cancer or blue for autism,it always not about the money it's about awareness,so NO the ice bucket challenge is not stupid.

1900025_1517397018475570_6404769529200663808_n.jpg

,it's about raising awareness just like when people where pink for breast cancer or blue for autism,it always not about the money it's about awareness,so NO the ice bucket challenge is not stupid.

It would be much better if the ALS foundation would simply:
1. Explain how much money the have raised so far.
2. Explain how much money they have spent on actual research to find a cure.
3. Explain how much that research has accomplished.
4. Explain how much farther they need to go.

Back