What's new
What's new

Fusion 360 five axis tutor wanted

TNWCORP

Plastic
Hello,
I am looking for a tutor that can help me get up to speed with Fusion 360 with a five axis Haas mill.
We can do this on line or if you are in the Dallas Fort Worth area at my shop.

Thank you,
Tim

Hello,
I am looking for a tutor that can help me get up to speed with Fusion 360 with a five axis Haas mill.
We can do this on line or if you are in the Dallas Fort Worth area at my shop.

Thank you,
Tim

Dallas/Fort Worth is in Oregon? :D

Doesn't Fusion have tutorials accessible to the end user?

I was hoping to learn on some parts that I have designed in Solidworks and get help getting up to speed.

ECAD's website is ecadinc.com The guy I deal with there is Scott Ilcken 972-848-0224. He's our account rep not the trainer but he will know what they are capable of. Tell him Steve from AAT sent ya, maybe get me some brownies

If you're planning on doing 5-axis positional work, or basic trimming (swarf toolpath) Fusion will be OK.

If you're planning on doing any serious simultaneous work, especially surfacing, you're probably going to feel the limitations of Fusion as a 5 axis program. And it's fairly easy to do a large amount of damage to a 5th axis machine with a crash that a 3 axis would shrug off.

I'm not knocking Fusion here (although I will knock it for plenty of things - it's great for the money) but there's a reason the 'real' 5-axis CAM programs cost more than a lot of new cars.

It all depends on what you need.

You'll also want to find a good backplotter and get your machine/fixtures into it. It can be extremely hard to visualize what's happening in the machine with 5 axis work, even when running the 'Simulation' feature in your CAM program. Get all your toolholders modeled accurately for the same reason.

If you're planning on doing 5-axis positional work, or basic trimming (swarf toolpath) Fusion will be OK.

If you're planning on doing any serious simultaneous work, especially surfacing, you're probably going to feel the limitations of Fusion as a 5 axis program. And it's fairly easy to do a large amount of damage to a 5th axis machine with a crash that a 3 axis would shrug off.

I'm not knocking Fusion here (although I will knock it for plenty of things - it's great for the money) but there's a reason the 'real' 5-axis CAM programs cost more than a lot of new cars.

It all depends on what you need.

You'll also want to find a good backplotter and get your machine/fixtures into it. It can be extremely hard to visualize what's happening in the machine with 5 axis work, even when running the 'Simulation' feature in your CAM program. Get all your toolholders modeled accurately for the same reason.

Thank you.
At this time I am working more on indexing milling ops. I will need to do a helix slot as well.

Back