What's new
What's new

Getting mastercam to post G30 P# at end of program

Stov3top

Plastic
I have been looking to see if there was a way for mastercam to insert a G30 P# at the end of a program. Currently I have to add it every time I post a program. I want the machine to return to its set G30 P# position once the program is finished. I am using an Okuma OSP5020M if that helps.

You have to edit your .pst (post processor) file, with that being said have someone who is competent in editing post processors to greatly reduce the risk of something going wrong.

Assuming it's for an Okuma mill?

This is how mine is set up:

Code:
pendprog    #whether or not to output an M06 at end of file
                 "G30P1",e$
                 "M01", e$
                 "M06", e$
                 "X-20.Y20.", e$
                 "S50",e$

Assuming it's for an Okuma mill?

This is how mine is set up:

Code:
pendprog    #whether or not to output an M06 at end of file
                 "G30P1",e$
                 "M01", e$
                 "M06", e$
                 "X-20.Y20.", e$
                 "S50",e$

Ok I apologize for being quite the Noob when it comes to this, how would I go about setting this up / checking my post processor? If you were to add this to the end of the post processor file, would you edit it with a program like Notepad or something similar. The whole language of the post processor and all that is new to me. Yes this is for an Okuma Mill also

Which version of Mastercam do you have?
The code I posted is in your post processer, yes you want to open it up in a text editor (notepad will work) and change it there. Your post processer is in your Shared Mastercam folder that's on your desktop. That's the default location for it.
shared mcam/mill/posts/your post.

I am currently using Mastercam 2017. I am going to give it a whirl tonight and see what I can come up with. I appreciate your help with this.

I would make a copy of the original post file then save it to a safe place.

If something bad happens during the editing and you mess it up and not sure what it was you will always have the unmolested original to go back to.

I learned this the hard way editing the "autocad2011doc.lsp" file.

Brent

Ok so far so good, looks like it is posting like it should, I added the line "n$, "G30 P", e$" right before the end of program line (M2) and it seems to work just as it should. If I have any more issues I will let you know. I really appreciate everyones help with this!!

Ok one last question, how can I rename the post file, control, and machine definitions file. For example "OKUMA_OSP5020M_4X_MILL_EDIT" and get it to sync together in mastercam. It will recognize the machine definitions file with that name but only loads the old post files etc into it.

Back