What's new
What's new

Gibbscam 2015 Tool Change Position

Sierevello1

Aluminum
I have an older Anilam 3 axis CNC mill. I am trying to get the machine to go back to Z0 for a tool change. I have the 3-axis template set up and when I click the tool change button all I get is an option to set the X and Y. Can anyone tell me where I need to go to set the z-axis to home so I can do my tool change? It just moves to the clearance plane and then waits to change the tool. Here are pictures from Gibbs of what I am talking about.docpage.jpgtoolchangpage.jpg

If I unclick "Tool Change" I thought it would force the spindle to return to X0Y0Z0 for tool changes, but that does not happen...I was looking for an answer and found that work around on YouTube. It did not work for me.

Thank you for any help.
Steve

This is independent of what year Gibbs you have.

Why not just set your clearance height high? It's not a perfect solution but will get you most of the way there. There is no provision in the menus for setting a Z tool change position without making a change to the post. Maybe you can find a better post, it's usually included in copies from the usual sources.

Will your machine not read a G91 G28?

Back