What's new
What's new

HELP!! BobCAD/CAM Toolpath Posting Order

BlackbirdMfg

Plastic
I need help finding a solution to my problem with V24. I am cutting a very small cavity with a variety of toolpaths. When I post the job the output is ordered by the tool used instead of the order that I have the toolpaths in the tree. I want to use T3 first then T9, then T10 and finally T9 again for some finish work but Bob wants me to do all of T9 work before T10. T10 takes out some flatlands that I then want T9 to clean up after not before.

Can anyone tell me how to force the output to match the order of operations in the tree regardless of whether it has to go back and get a tool it already used?

Thanks, Bill

You could select a different tool( But really it's the same) for the operation that you don't want to happen until later. Then change the tool number in the program after it posts. Otherwise, I thought there was a setting (check box) that kept the tools in the order they are used vs grouping them all together. I remember seeing something like that but I'll have to confirm it when I get home, unless the guy from Bobcad chimes in with an answer.

That's what I would have thought.... That there is a check box somewhere to keep the operations organized as they appear instead of by like tool. I do like your idea though of creating a bogus tool number for the out of sequence operation and just editing it out. That is a good work around but I like to be able to run my programs right from the post without editing so if you find that magic check box please let me know.

In the meantime I reorganized my operations to do the flat lands earlier before it picks up T9 with no ill consequences so it's running now on the machine but I would like to learn how to fix the output.

Thanks for the help!

There is a very simple solution to your problem, when it comes to posting order in the V24 you have 2 option. Individual Tool or Individual Feature. Individual tool is tool dominate, the posting order is based on the first feature and the first tool that is called. From there it will post all other operations that are in the tree for that tool number. This is designed to eliminate tool changes. The other option would be by Individual Feature in the tree. Using this option the tools will be posted in order per feature in the tree. You can change to either option at any time.

posting_order.jpg

machining_order.png

By default the software is setup for posting by individual tool. Just change this option and re post and you should be good to go.

That is great news, I did look up your account in our CRM and left you a message and emailed you call my contact information. If there is anything else I can help with please let me know.

almost 4 years later and this information is still helpful :). thanks for posting it. I was trying to figure this out, and found this post and was able to get my tool path setup correctly. Slightly different location, but found it using this post. Thanks again!

Back