What's new
What's new

HELP! Fanuc System P-Model G "Yellow-Suitcase" for FAPT programming, want to BUY!

Mykal1970

Plastic
HELP! Fanuc System P-Model G "Yellow-Suitcase" for FAPT programming, want to BUY!

Please let there be someone out there who would like to sell their old Fanuc System P-Model G. It's commonly known as Fanuc's "FAPT Yellow Suitcase." I'd never heard of such a thing until recently. The link below was stumbled upon in blind luck, I suppose.
My dad is 73 years young and beats me to work every morning, and just generally loves what he does. He bought his first new CNC turning center in 1984/1985, a Victor TNS-2 with a Fanuc 3TF on it. It has ran daily since then, well...up till last week. Anyway, FAPT is all he's ever used, and all he'll ever use; at 73 he's not terribly motivated to take on another method. I can't blame him; Hell, I'll never even see the age of 73!
After discovering that Fanuc had made this magic little suitcase that you could program in Symbolic Fapt Turn at your desk, walk it out to the machine, and doff it right up in the control via RS-232; that would be PERFECT for him! He piped his FAPT generated programs over to his other Fanuc controls via RS-232 anyway. Just seems like a possible option; if can be found.
Is there anyone out there that has one they'd let go of? Am I way off in thinking this is even what it seems to be?

Fanuc System P Model G Brochure

Kind regards,
Mike Ward.

LockNut,
Exactly! I've contacted the few available on eBay and have, thus far, had no luck with there being ANY disks included or available; save one, and awaiting response as to which two disks they have. I would surmise that without the appropriate disks, owning the "suitcase" would be an effort in futility; aka, pissin' up a rope. Did ya check out the link to the original brochure to the system? It's really kinda neat, especially circa 1980-1985 (just guessing); based on the pictures and verbiage.

Mike.

Please let there be someone out there who would like to sell their old Fanuc System P-Model G. It's commonly known as Fanuc's "FAPT Yellow Suitcase." I'd never heard of such a thing until recently. The link below was stumbled upon in blind luck, I suppose.
My dad is 73 years young and beats me to work every morning, and just generally loves what he does. He bought his first new CNC turning center in 1984/1985, a Victor TNS-2 with a Fanuc 3TF on it. It has ran daily since then, well...up till last week. Anyway, FAPT is all he's ever used, and all he'll ever use; at 73 he's not terribly motivated to take on another method. I can't blame him; Hell, I'll never even see the age of 73!
After discovering that Fanuc had made this magic little suitcase that you could program in Symbolic Fapt Turn at your desk, walk it out to the machine, and doff it right up in the control via RS-232; that would be PERFECT for him! He piped his FAPT generated programs over to his other Fanuc controls via RS-232 anyway. Just seems like a possible option; if can be found.
Is there anyone out there that has one they'd let go of? Am I way off in thinking this is even what it seems to be?

Fanuc System P Model G Brochure

Kind regards,
Mike Ward.

I HAVE A Fanuc System P-Model G THAT I HAVE HAD IN STORAGE SINCE 1990 IT IS LIKE NEW HAS ALL THE SOFTWARE DISK AN A DSI 2400 TAPE PUNCH AN READER PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE STILL LOOKING FOR ONE

Back