What's new
What's new

Help with Mastercam 4axis Rotary

NzNacer

Aluminum
Hello guys .

It's my first time Im trying to machine a Spiral groove (see pic below)
using my VMC + rotary , I want to know what is the best multiaxis toolpath strategy that will work

VGJvGpY.png

Thank you

That does not look like a part that needs any CAM work. Assuming your part is OD20mm*100mmL.

e.g.
+ Visualize and set engage and retract moves
+ G1 X100 Y0 Z8 A720 F(convert DPM in your required feedrate)
+ Use controller's built-in cutcomp for your side wall features... radius, deburing, etc

And done.

Ps: My best advice to you would be to learn how to do this manually at the control. No need to invest in multiaxis licensing unless you are doing aerospace 4ax (3D)

That does not look like a part that needs any CAM work. Assuming your part is OD20mm*100mmL.

e.g.
+ Visualize and set engage and retract moves
+ G1 X100 Y0 Z8 A720 F(convert DPM in your required feedrate)
+ Use controller's built-in cutcomp for your side wall features... radius, deburing, etc

And done.

Ps: My best advice to you would be to learn how to do this manually at the control. No need to invest in multiaxis licensing unless you are doing aerospace 4ax (3D)

Uhhh.
What?

Looks like an axis substitution job.
not sure what is going on for the floor; is it tapered?

if the groove floor is not important, it may very well lend itself to be manually programed.

The easiest if by far Axis subs. You unroll the part, program your toolpath in 2D with any toolpath and then "roll" it back up with axis sub switch in the toolpath. This will work if the part can be made with a 2 axis toolpath.

You can get a bit more creative by unrolling the wireframe, then making surfaces and then "rolling" those back up in the 3D toopath.

If you desire a true 4 axis (multiaxis) tool path, then the multiaxis paths are needed. I highly recommend you get it done with 2x axis subs if you can.

Back