What's new
What's new

Help!!!! Need nesting software advice!!!!!!!!!

RevK

Plastic
So my boss has me manually nesting a bunch of parts, He recently has been on a kick of me nesting in autocad, then going back and tracing over it to bridge the parts and get the controller to not pick up (its an A&V water jet, Terrible controller).

My question for yall is, is there a good nesting software or module that can get this done more efficiently? We have a seat of FastNest but the key is lost, trying to figure that out Because apparently no one ever used it either out of lack of knowledge or what.

...:nutter::nutter::angry::typing::typing::bawling:

We use Sigmanest for a Mitsubishi laser and although I have never used it personally, I have watched it used and it seems very quick and simple.

Sigmanest is very powerful, we process the vast majority of our production through it. On both laser and routers (aluminum cutting). before Sigmanest we used Mastercam and it was a nightmare (no surprise there).

Also worth noting: we did a major and in depth study before choosing Sigmanest. It has the broadest range of features, is constantly being updated, and support is easy to reach and do their best to resolve emerging issues (we're constantly pushing it for greater and better efficiency and material stability). It's not perfect yet, but it's the best thing out there especially if you're a small/medium outfit and you want quick manual nesting (it rocks for this) and just quick nests in general, with a lot of control for lead-ins, auto-tabbing, common-line cuts, you name it. if you can imagine a way to improve nesting it probably already exists in Sigmanest.

I use ProNest.

Software is amazing for the plasma/oxy table. It typically works pretty well for our punch, but there's times where I can tell that the software was definitely not made to program the punch.

We use Pronest for our Burny plasma/oxy and Omax WJ table. The head lifting of the WJ can likely be adjusted in the post. Just be prepared to debug it for them, our experience with their tech support has been far from stellar.

Are you able to get a replacement dongle? I have been using a nesting program from Mecsoft. May not be robust as the others, but it makes a decent rotated nests.

Back