What's new
What's new

How to open Solidworks 2011 files with BOBCAD V24

proturn

Stainless
Hi, I'm trying to open a solidworks 2011 file with Bobcad V24. Needless to say I'm screwed with shitty software:angry:.....Anyway do any of you know of a inexpensive way or other software that has the capabillities to open the new 2011 Solidworks files? Thank you....Matt

Go to Solidworks website and download their free E-Drawing viewer. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll send a link. BobCAD isn't going to open SW11 stuff. And if, by some miraculous intervention, it did, I wouldn't trust the dimensional data.

Here's the link, I'm feeling all generous-y. Mostly because we had BobCAD at one time and I can still feel your pain.

SolidWorks

I did find it on Solidworks website. Thanks a bunch! The Viewer works great!:cheers:

Bobcad does leave something to be desired....Basic stuff it's OK at best. solid import.....not so much. I should have spent 4k more on GibbsCam mill to complement my lathe seat. Instead I got nothing for something.:nutter:

I needed to update to build 208

Turns out, I'm the dumbass....:rolleyes5: all I needed to do was go on bobcad.com and update my build from 133 to 208 for free!

Solidworks 2011 file import

Let me be upfront , I manage BobCAD-CAM support and training. All too often I see people on forums (outside of the BobCAD-CAM forum) having issues. We do monitor our own forum daily and provide solutions to those having problems or issues. If you have an issue, problem or a feature you would like to see in the software please, report it to us.

If there is an issue obviously we would like to correct it.

If anyone is having trouble with importing Solidworks files please supply us with the file. You can submit "bug reports" or request new features via the BobCAD-CAM website.

Here..BobCAD-CAM | CAD-CAM Software for CNC Machines including: Mill, Lathe, Wire EDM, Laser, Plasma, Waterjet, Routers and much more.
When you submit a bug report or feature request it goes directly to support and to development. You will be responded to by a real person.

These 2011 files should be opening (so long as the current build of V24 or above is being used), I have seen many people complain on forums of not being able to open these files but have only received 1-file that does not open withing the past 6 months.

SolidWorks Files in V24

I also work at BobCAD.

A helpful tip:

1) Make sure you exit the file from SolidWorks before you try to open it in BobCAD V24

2) You can keep SolidWorks running while working in BobCAD, you just can't have the file open in both packages at the same time.

Also if you prefer to work inside of SolidWorks BobCAD does offer BobCAM, this is a plug in and allows you to do all your machining inside of SolidWorks.

If you have more questions and would like personal attention feel free to PM.

Al DePoalo

Back