What's new

HSM CAM feed rate vs machine feed rate

OHIOTURBO6

Plastic
HSMWorks
Tree Journeyman 325
Delta 20 controller
USB to RS232 connection

I was hoping someone would be able to help me out. My problem is when i set thr feed rate in HSM say at 20 IPM will show 36 or some weird number with override knob at 100% there isn't any consistency to any feed rate number programed. Like 7 ipm will be 10.5 on the machine. Hoping this is something simple I'm overlooking.

Thanks in advance.

HSMWorks
Tree Journeyman 325
Delta 20 controller
USB to RS232 connection

I was hoping someone would be able to help me out. My problem is when i set thr feed rate in HSM say at 20 IPM will show 36 or some weird number with override knob at 100% there isn't any consistency to any feed rate number programed. Like 7 ipm will be 10.5 on the machine. Hoping this is something simple I'm overlooking.

Thanks in advance.

Check *all* your feed rates. Cutting, ramping, lead in, lead out, and non-engagement.

I believe I just made some sense out of this. The feed rate override knob has a "zero" position that is not noticeable.
So I did this:
I programmed a simple linear move at 10 IPM in HSM and ran it. With the Knob set to "High" the controller indicated 15.9 IPM.
Then adjusted the knob so the controller indicated 10.0 IPM
Edited my program to 20 IPM and ran it again. Now the controller indicates 20.0 IPM
Yay! Figured it out and so simple I just looked right over it. I wish the feed rate knob had a "zero" spot, it could be turned to quickly and stay there.

HAAS? You have to pay for them to disable the HSM lockout on their machines.....what machine is it?

Took me forever to figure out why the haas TM1 was running so slow compared to the feeds I had programmed....well, I hadn’t paid for it to run faster.

Back