What's new
What's new

HSM Pro

nupress

Aluminum
Is anybody using this for 5 axis work on a multi-tasking lathe like an Integrex, Multis or NT?
I need a post. It doesn't need to be perfect I can make it right but I can't build one from scratch.
My Autodesk reseller in Australia can't help.
P.s. I can't use a trunion type vertical 5X post and modify it.

I use HSMworks for mill/turn work on my Y axis lathes, but that's really about the limits of its capabilities. I don't think you'll like the results on an integrex, and you're walking into a dead end.

I have 4 axis mill/turn posts for Okuma and Fanuc, though, if it helps.

I use HSMworks for mill/turn work on my Y axis lathes, but that's really about the limits of its capabilities. I don't think you'll like the results on an integrex, and you're walking into a dead end.

I have 4 axis mill/turn posts for Okuma and Fanuc, though, if it helps.

Hello.
Any chance I could get the Okuma Post?

Also, as far as the original question. HSM is the same for Fusion. They have post support and library.

Autodesk CAM | Post Library

[email protected]

Maybe they will help. I would also get something else. Turning seems clunky.

Sure thing. It's set up for inches, don't know how well/if it works in metric. Every so often it misses a drill for reasons I haven't been able to track down (sets up the move and then doesn't actually... do... it) so watch for that, but otherwise it's served me reasonably well. Started out life as a post Autodesk provided me and I've hacked on this or that to make it do what I want.

Attachments

• OkumaGenosCircular.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 24
Sure thing. It's set up for inches, don't know how well/if it works in metric. Every so often it misses a drill for reasons I haven't been able to track down (sets up the move and then doesn't actually... do... it) so watch for that, but otherwise it's served me reasonably well. Started out life as a post Autodesk provided me and I've hacked on this or that to make it do what I want.

Thank you. Ill play around with it. I got an LB post if you want. It outputs in chzech and for some reason does not do the right feed per rev.

I haven't sat down to look yet, but there are plenty of head/table setups using the same post as table/table, so... why not?
Because the B axis can move +22.5deg up past the 0 deg horizontal position.
So if you are swarf milling say a 45deg angle like a relief on a mining drill the tool needs to be below the centerline of the chuck working in negative X values.

Or NX or Topsolid.
We have NX but only 1 seat.
We have 3 seats of inventor with basic HSM and we have 1 seat of Featurecam.
Some of the adaptive roughing toolpaths in HSM are unbeatable compared to the other paths I can generate.
I am just trying to evaluate HSM pro but need a post to try it.

They have NX. I'm recommending Esprit based on the support here in Australia.
The only reason I am not going with Esprit is that we have 3 seats of Inventor and HSM pro is parametric from within the software. Change the model and the toolpath updates.

Thanks man. Ill give it a go and se if we can make it run.
Cheers.

Because the B axis can move +22.5deg up past the 0 deg horizontal position.
So if you are swarf milling say a 45deg angle like a relief on a mining drill the tool needs to be below the centerline of the chuck working in negative X values.

But what about the post causes this limitation? Have you talked to anyone at the post team, specifically Achim?

But what about the post causes this limitation? Have you talked to anyone at the post team, specifically Achim?
Im in Australia.......
Post team???
We get nothing down here. Zero information or support for the CAM side.
A1 support for modeling and drawing.

Im in Australia.......
Post team???
We get nothing down here. Zero information or support for the CAM side.
A1 support for modeling and drawing.

I believe the email is [email protected]

With that said though.. multi-axis posts are all setup basically the same.

Code:
    // NOTE: setup your machine here

var aAxis = createAxis({coordinate:0, table:true, axis:[1, 0, 0], range:[-115.0001,155.0001], preference:-1});

var cAxis = createAxis({coordinate:2, table:true, axis:[0, 0, 1], range:[-360,360], cyclic:true});

For B-head/C-table(spindle) you'd omit the aAxis defition and replace it with a B-axis something like..

var bAxis = createAxis({coordinate:1, table:false, axis:[0, 1, 0], range:[-35.,90.], preference:1});

But then you'd likely need to do something, as i'm betting that when your b-tool-axis is aligned with the C axis, it's at -90? (travels from -125 to +125, with 0 being perpindicular to spindle, right?)

so you'd have to increment the b-axis output by -90 or something, I think.

Back