What's new
What's new

HSMWorks post processor for Milltronics ML22 Lathe (8200 control)

CLeschak

Plastic
Anyone have a decent post for HSMworks on a milltronics lathe? This is a conversational programming lathe, but on more complex shapes CAM would make it WAAAAY easier to program. I have a good program where I am turning some radiuses in a shaft, but I keep getting some odd things happening after the post. Once in a while I get a random M03 thrown in that should be an M02 and it does a big full circle, and on my finish pass its going down to a point at the bottom of my cut instead of following the arc.

Have you tried the Post Processors subforum?

Post Processors - Autodesk Community

I can almost promise that if you're getting weird arcs it's how your post is configured. I'd guess that on those occurrences the arc starts and ends on a quadrant and it's outputting the sweep incorrectly. Also do you mean G02/G03?

Have you tried the Post Processors subforum?

Post Processors - Autodesk Community

I can almost promise that if you're getting weird arcs it's how your post is configured. I'd guess that on those occurrences the arc starts and ends on a quadrant and it's outputting the sweep incorrectly. Also do you mean G02/G03?

Indeed I meant G02/G03.. My bad.

I found a post on the autodesk site, but it was for the older Milltronics Centurion controller. Thats the one I am using and have slightly modified to work in our machine. I have never dabbled with CAM software at all before this, but was working with the HSMworks trial and hoping to do some test programs while I have the trial version before we go and spend money on it. I am a heavy solidworks user so the programming side of HSMworks is very very intuitive and easy for me to pick up. Just need to figure out how to translate this now.

The forum is free and also has other users, so you may find an answer that costs nothing after all. I'm sure it can be fixed, as there was a similar issue with a Mach3 post processor a while back and I believe that was sorted as well, although was a combination of post and controller issues working in tandem.

Nevermind.. I think we are good.. Turns out I had the post set to I,J,K for radius. Our machine just wants R. Switched it up and posted my program, all is good in the world now..

Will still have to try some threading cycles and such, but it is very easy to program those conversationally.

Back