What's new
What's new

HSMWorks releases HSM Express

I guess that answers the question, "Whats the best least expensive cam system?"

Been using it for year and would pay for it all over again.

I guess that answers the question, "Whats the best least expensive cam system?"

Been using it for year and would pay for it all over again.

Got that in my email this morning and was pissed off after paying for it and then my VAR told me I was being updated to 3D!

:)

Brilliant move by HSMworks. They are going to dominate in the future.

John now you have enough money to get HSMworks instead of Surfcam!

at least 2D anyway:D so now your boss can see how nice it is and then maybe, just maybe let you change fromSurf to HSM???:drool5:

Ahh why couldn't that be here 10 months ago. I have a couple more customers now using solidworks and I'm starting to feel more need to get into it myself.

Just to be sure I get this correctly... I first need to buy solidworks from the local rep, say the Standard version(seems to be the most low cost?), and then just download this HSMxpress at no extra cost and it will pretty much do what I'm doing now with OnecncXpress, and then some?

John now you have enough money to get HSMworks instead of Surfcam!

at least 2D anyway:D so now your boss can see how nice it is and then maybe, just maybe let you change fromSurf to HSM???:drool5:

I'll start using it soon.

Our company was recently acquired and will be moving soon, so there's no chance they'll buy us another CAM package before they shut this place down. :-(

SND, what you wrote will work

Upgrade to SW premium if you'll be doing any design work.

I've been wanting to try HSM works for a while now but we just re-upped our maintenance for Mastercam so I doubt we will be candidates for switching CAM any time soon. I wonder how HSM will handle the post processor issue with the free give away. I guess if it works as is great, if not, edit it your self or no va.

I have made very few edits to my post. I can't remember all of them but seem to recall they were more for my personal preference. Like when to start/stop spinle, coolant on/off.

One of the easiest post to configure. Uses basically javascript. I edit with notepad++ so I get some syntax highlighting and function outlining. I don't have the experience with as many cam systems as some but I thought it was not too bad. (SmartCAM, CAMWorks, Visual Mill, HSMWorks)

Just wondering, does the Express come with multi work offset capability for say you have 10 parts on the table, or is that just for the full program?

I believe it does. It has 3 methods of doing multiple parts in one program

1. If parts are different you can add them all to a assemble and create a job and program each as its own part with a unique work offset. Then select all jobs when you post process and check the option to sort by tool. So any shared tools are used on each part to try to limit tool changes.

2. When setting up the job folder you can check use multiple wcs and specify how many and sort by tool. You program your one piece and when posted it will output the code for as many wcs as you specified. I use this when I have multiple vises and not sure their spacing. Just set G54 on one and G55 on the other.

3. If you have a dedicated fixture that lays the parts out in a grid equally spaced you can program your one part then select all operations and click "pattern" then you can specify the pattern directions (x,y) and the spacing in each direction and then number of parts in each direction.

The specs and screenshots look very impressive for a free cam add on. Might convince me to upgrade from SW 2007.

I do have a 1yr student license of SW 2010. Anyone know if I can run this with it?

The specs and screenshots look very impressive for a free cam add on. Might convince me to upgrade from SW 2007.

I do have a 1yr student license of SW 2010. Anyone know if I can run this with it?

run on our educational so it should on your student version because its tied to your email for the activation

Back