What's new
What's new

HSMxpress not posting .mx2 (Prototrak) correctly

Stihl290

Aluminum
I think I need help with some post editing.

I have a panel from a client that needs "a lot" of holes drilled, so instead of manually programming each hole at the control I wanted to program in CAM. I have the holes selected with a working simulation in SW. When I go to post the part as a Prototrak conversational file (.mx2), it posts but it does NOT backplot or run at the machine. Instead, the post gives me a conversational file with (0,0) absolute positions for every hole when I open the file at the machine. A ".gcd" file does post, backplot and run on the machine and NCEditor but a ".mx2" file is desired. I have attached 3 files; 1 is the panel file, "001mx2" is the panel file post, and "000mx2" is a sample hole program programmed at the machine control. Please note that the post processor for HSMxpress is the default file and has not been modified. Also note the block "N3" in "000mx2" is a 2" BCD hole pattern.

I have this same thread posted on the Autodesk forum, word for word in case someone there might be able to help. I also did PM/DM atomkinder a week prior for his help because he did help me before with another issue. I'm not sure if there is a way to tag someone though.

Anywho, thanks for taking a look

Attachments

• 000mx2.txt
    273 bytes · Views: 70
  • 001mx2.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 76
  • PANEL2.jpg
    PANEL2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 80

Back