What's new
What's new

The "I get it" training courses.

Dcrouch

Cast Iron
Has anyone ever used the "I get it" online training? The training bundles don't seem too expensive, but are they any good? Did you actually learn anything?

Dana

I get it

If you take a look at the website www.myigetit.com you will see that it is used by over 100,000 engineeers in 56 different countries. Companies like GE, Boeing, Ford, Apple, 3M and hundreds of others. Don't let the cheap price fool you. Yes it is well worth the price and yes you will learn a lot.

We have been supplying online training to many of these companies for a long time and will continue to do so in the future. If your interested we could also set you up with a demo version.

Call our sales crew 303-252-8485

Nothing more creditable than the rsponse from the sales organization.

Perhaps the original poster would like to hear from someone who has take advantage of this program. I have not, so can't offer,

CalG

That's why I wanted to hear from some "End Users".

Anybody can make big statements about their product. Lots of "BIG" companies may have used Bobcad too, but I'll bet the don't use it everyday for production.

Dana

Give Camster some credit. At least he didn't come here to shill for his company. That's gotta be worth something.

Dan

Look at his posts..... I'll give him credit for not making all of them about his company.......and when I say that I mean like the 5% of his posts

I also recommend this company. We're not one of the large companies, but we do use i get it and the lessons are very good. Another thing is that when some one asks about NX, camster is there to help, even to the point of uploading a file to support his answer.

Nope, I'm just a user.

I get it

Look at his posts..... I'll give him credit for not making all of them about his company.......and when I say that I mean like the 5% of his posts

"Ouch"

Yes I work for i get it. I also participate in this and several other forums. I am not here to try to sell you something, I think our product speaks for itself. You always have a choice on training material- CAST, There are several Books on NX one by Steve Samuels and several others - check Amazon.com or if your really bored read the Help Doc's

I am always willing to help someone and answer questions when I know the answer.

John Joyce

[email protected]
1675 Larimer St
Denver, Co
303-252-8485
www.myigetit.com

"Ouch"

Yes I work for i get it. I also participate in this and several other forums. I am not here to try to sell you something, I think our product speaks for itself. You always have a choice on training material- CAST, There are several Books on NX one by Steve Samuels and several others - check Amazon.com or if your really bored read the Help Doc's

I am always willing to help someone and answer questions when I know the answer.

John Joyce

[email protected]
1675 Larimer St
Denver, Co
303-252-8485
www.myigetit.com

I for one am glad you are here, I appreciate someone in the industry who is interested enough to participate. And it's obvious you are not a spammer, I don't believe you have initiated any threads about myigetit.com.

I had participated in course's offered by Myigetit.

they were trying to get a bunch of old grizzled desingers
off of 2-d cad and onto U.G. (ugh)
I had solidworks back in 99, and had the parametric solid
modeling down.

It was rough for some, but the on location myigetit guy
plugged along quite unstoppable, answering everyone's
questions, and making up special programs for certain people's
problems.

I can't remember much about it now, but having now used
"imaginit" for autocad inventor, I see it (myigetit) was much better.

The "imaginit" people basically dumped and ran on us.

How is Iget it different from Cast?

IGetIt is a third party product, offered by a training/consulting company - originally CAD Potential, now part of Tata last I heard. They have always had a good reputation.

CAST is a Siemens PLM product, offered by our training folks. It is being migrated to Learning Advantage, which provides online access instead of having to install locally.

For CAM specifically, there are 11 high-level tutorials installed with NX out of the box to get you started. Look in Help --> Manufacturing Tutorials.

But I still like the billet answer ;*)

Mark Rief
Siemens PLM Software

I haven't lately but I do highly recommend. I took some class's in Denver at Cadpo (the name at the time) sadly they closed up and started the IGETIT. I had never touched CAD before I took the class's I just recently retired. I was a tool design engineer and know NX, Solidworks, Catia pretty good. I CAD software of my choice id NX or Catia. But anyway the online coarsens when I took some of them were very good plus you have access to a loy of help with their message boards.

I had a years membership to it and found it quite helpful and well worth the money. It's very handy to be able to learn when your available. One day I might have a couple hours to study and then it might be a few days till I can get back.

Back