What's new
What's new

Radius Question

Grinder7

Plastic
Hi guys,

This isn't a CAD/CAM question so I hope it is okay to post this question here. My background is in grinding and haven't dealt with many prints like this. I am learning Mastercam at the moment and have come across a print and am confused with the radii. All the prints up to this point have made it really easy to see what the radius sizes are. I am either overlooking something obvious or am missing some important knowledge and hope you guys can set me straight. Thanks.

RadiusQuestion.jpg

Attachments

• RadiusQuestion.jpg
    RadiusQuestion.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 232
I'll venture a guess: every radius not specifically marked "might" be .187".

I wouldn't bet lunch on it though -- I might lose. :D

PM

Well, from where I stand, you've been given all the answers.

The internal radiuses are specified as R.187 Typ.
Meaning, unless there is another explicit callout for an internal radius in a specific location, all internal Radii is to be .187 +/-UOS.

At the same time you have external radiuses defined as 2xR.20 and 5xR.250.
That too is clear, 2 x R.2 and 5 x R.250 +/- UOS

That print ( pretty or not ) does give you all the info you need.

18X .187 internal Radii.
5X .250 external radius
2x .200 external radius
2x .300 external radius

Okay, thank you guys. Up to this point Typ has been used for similarly placed radii if that makes sense. They also have used a note on the print that states the size to be used if there is no call out. It just gave me some doubt so I figured better safe than sorry. I appreciate you putting my mind at ease.

The R .187 Typ would apply to all unmarked fillets in this case. They couldn't argue with that.

Oops, sorry I didn't see all the other answers until I posted this response.

Back