What's new
What's new

Joining profiles in fusion 360

gearhed1971

Plastic
I have taken a dxf from a customer and fixed any open or repettetive geometries that I could find in Megacad and sent the resulting DXF file to Fusion to generate a revolved profile to re- import into Alphacam to put on our 5 axis, but there is some issue that has left this as an open profile and I am not able to do anything with it in Fusion. I am trying to work at home with Fusion so that we can be up and running tomorrow morning and I do not have access to any of my other CADs right now, so sending it to Alphacam and joining the profile and attempting to send it back to Fusion is out of the question in the immediate future. Does anyone know how to simply just join the profile and get this thing going? All of the sketch is on the same layer, I don't get it. I am new to fusion so please bear with me. Thank you for any advice

You should also ask on Autodesk's Fusion forum. The members are usually pretty responsive, and you can post the problematic file (if your situation allows) for others to noodle over.

Pick the end point and move it where you want it??? When I have had to import geometry from my old cad program to Fusion, as DXF wireframes, I had to do this to get it cleaned up as a lot of the lines did not connect by the smallest distance.

Back