What's new
What's new

Mastercam 2018 Parasolid error

Deezums

Plastic
Anyone else seen this yet? Seems to set in when doing something with verify, causes the model to disappear visually but toolpaths still have all their driving geometry. Occasionally pretty blue triangles show up, doesn't seem to be based off anything from the model. Last time this happened I just reimported the model and went through 171 f**king operations and reselected all the geometry. It's almost quitting time this time, going to call QTE/VAR in the morning and see WTF...

Parasolid(R) Kernel Interface Error:
PK Error Code: 9999 -
invalid_object

mcam error.jpg

I'm really only used to Mcam for SW, just started this new gig and the other programmer hasn't seen this in 2017. Is there any hope of rebuilding other than reselecting all my geometry?

Thanks!!

It's been awhile since I've run standalone mastercam, but I think you can save that x_t file as a step file. Do that if you can. Or maybe ask whoever is providing these models to save as step if possible. I always had issues with iges and x_t that never happened with step files. This doesn't help you right now, but maybe moving forward that can eliminate some problems.

It started out as a .sldprt file imported into mcam directly, I'll either need to ask for a SW seat or try and talk the engineers into saving everything twice for me.

I'd much rather have the seat of SW!!

Back